Mentoring is an important aspect of one’s professional development. The NACADA Graduate and Professional Advisors Mentoring Program allows for new to graduate and professional advising professionals to be paired with an experienced advisor within this specialized field providing a greater network and collaboration among members.
Mentor and mentee pairs will be required to meet virtually one week prior to the NACADA Annual Conference for a free orientation workshop. During the virtual workshop, participants will review the benefits of a mentoring program and create expectations for one another. Mentoring pairs will develop an action plan that they will use throughout the year of their mentoring experience. An opportunity for an organized outing for mentors/mentees at the NACADA Annual Conference.
- Mentoring as Teaching
- Refine your advising skills
- Try new techniques
- Pride in Success
- Giving Back...to NACADA and to the Advising Profession
- Support someone who has been in your shoes
- Networking | Connection to another campus, state/province
- Sounding Board
- Mentoring as modeling
- Learn new advising frameworks and techniques
- Gain a greater connection to NACADA