Establishing an essential relationship with a student can be difficult in the online world of advising and distance learning. The Advising Community on Distance Education Advising hopes to become the community where advisors in any discipline can come network and share best practices regarding advising students whose primary method of instruction is online.
- Recruit members for the community address book and utilize these individuals to assist with research, writing, and presentation proposals for NACADA conferences.
- Create an interactive online advising guidebook and publish sections to the commission website.
- Host at least three webinars for the 2016-2017 year relating to advising online students.
- Create a Facebook page to increase commission awareness and inform advisors of best practices relating to distance advising for online education.
2018-2019 Strategic Goals
- Update the Distance Advising for Online Education page to more accurately reflect the resources available to distance advisors.
- Create a vibrant steering committee.
- Develop a strategic communication plan for the AC that engages the members and can be easily replicated in future years.
- Host two online “Spotlight Series” web discussions.
- Update the existing address book or create an alternative way for AC members to connect on key topics in distance advising for online education.
- Create a plan for the Distance Advising for Online Education Guidebook.