View the 2023 Post-Conference Report
First-Generation College Student Advising Community Strategic Goals 2020-2022
- Expand and communicate the scholarship of academic advising
- Provide professional development opportunities that are responsive to the needs of advisors and advising administrators
- Expand the use of innovative technology tools and resources to support the work of the Association
- Engage in ongoing assessment of all facets of the Association
- Develop and sustain effective Association leadership
First-Generation College Student Advising Community Tasks 2021
- Send listserv, social media announcement with new steering committee members
- Send survey to members requesting feedback about new communication platforms, schedule, format and other ways to engage with community members
- Share out information/next steps based on survey results
- Create master schedule for all steering committee categories: research & scholarship, community outreach and best practices including initiatives, events, activities
- Plan initiatives, activities, events for 2021 NACADA Annual Conference
First-Generation College Student Advising Community Strategic Goals 2018-2019
- Continue to develop and maintain consistency amongst steering committee members and sub committees.
- Send quarterly emails to the FGAC/ TRIO List Servs.
- Creating a Facebook group for the FGAC.
- Send a survey through Qualtrics to gauge interests and needs of advisors who work with First Gen Students.