Advisor Connection Program
Connect with LGBTQ Knowledgeable Academic Advisors – Now!
The LGBTQA Advising and Advocacy Community invites you to participate in the Advisor Connection program. The Advisor Connection is a link to supportive, collaborative, experienced advisors who will help guide you through LGBTQA-related questions as an advisor.
Contact us for any questions you may have, such as:
- I want to start an LGBTQA club or alliance on campus. Where do I start?
- How can I help all students feel more welcome on our campus?
- I have a student who just came out to me, what do I do?
- I identify as LGBTQ, and I sometimes encounter students and other staff who make negative or insensitive comments about that. How do I address this in a constructive way?
- I have a student who has come out to me as transgender-what pronouns do I use when writing documentation?
If you have a question or concern, please scroll through the following list of Advisors. These advisors have volunteered to help other colleagues because of their experiences, research and areas of knowledge. Each of the advisors are here to help you.
For more information, or if you are interested in being an Advisor Connection volunteer, please contact:
LGBTQA Advising & Advocacy Community
Office Phone Number: 423-425-4389