2022 Region Steering Committee Election
February 3-14, 2022
PLEASE NOTE | This is an election for the Region Steering Committee. You'll have an opportunity to vote in the NACADA General Election beginning February 11. These are two separate elections. The general election will elect members to the NACADA Board, Region Chairs for even regions, and certain Advising Community Chairs, as well as other leadership positions. The Region Steering Committee Election will elect leaders for the positions below.
|2022 Region Steering Committee Election
February 3-14, 2022
|2022 NACADA General Election
February 11-24, 2022
|Current NACADA members received a ballot on February 3. Please vote by February 14.
||Current NACADA members as of January 31 recieved a ballot on February 11.
Members need to follow the instructions in the email to vote.
What is the Region Steering Committee?
The Region Steering Committee helps the Region Chair set region direction through establishing goals and outcomes, aiding in establishing the region budget, carrying out responsibilities and initiatives, and providing historical perspective during transitions of region leadership. The Region Steering Committee represents the diversity of the region, as well as represents each geographical area within the Region. All Region Steering Committee roles are two-year terms, elected by the region membership, unless otherwise explicitly stated. Newly elected members will start their term at the Region Conference.
Qualifications and Requirements for Region Steering Committee Positions
• current member of NACADA, and maintain their membership through their term.
• attend both the Region and Annual conferences in-person (if possible).
• attend (in-person or virtual) all other meetings of the Region Steering Committee.
• Region Steering Committee members may run for election in a second consecutive term.
• After serving two consecutive terms, a member must wait two years before serving in another Region Steering Committee position.