Throughout our planning, NACADA has followed best practices recommended by the CDC and abided by the legal mandates and recommendations from the State of New Mexico and City of Albuquerque. For those traveling to be a part of the Institute, your health, well-being, and safety remain our top priorities. NACADA is committed to providing respect and care for all members as we gather for the Institute. To support this goal, NACADA strongly encourages all members who can receive a COVID-19 vaccine to do so when possible.
Vaccination will not be required for attendance at the Institute/Seminar. However, NACADA will require attendees, Executive Office staff, and faculty/interns to provide proof of one of the following (not both) via our outside vendor – VOW Digital Health:
- Proof that they are fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) or
- A negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the first day of Institute attendance.
NACADA has contracted with VOW Digital Health to manage the verification process for vaccination cards and PCR COVID-19 tests. VOW captures minimal personal information to verify your COVID-19-free status.
Prior to the Institute/Seminar start date registered participants will receive a link via email to upload your government-issued ID for identity verification and your fully completed COVID-19 vaccination card or negative PCR COVID-19 test results (within 72 hours of event start date). You may enter your data at any time up to 48 hours prior to the event start date. Once completed and verified, VOW will notify NACADA of your successful completion of the pre-event verification process – this notification is required for entry into the Institute/Seminar.
Institute/Seminar participants who have completed this process will receive a digital VOW Verified Custom Access Pass. VOW will send this pass and communicate with participants via text message, so please review your contact information. Please ensure you have this pass with you when you register on-site for the Institute/Seminar.
VOW will not share personal information with NACADA or Institute/Seminar staff. They will only indicate that participants are verified for entry to the Institute/Seminar. You may review VOW Digital Health’s privacy policies at https://vowdigitalhealth.com/privacy-policy/.
- You only need to submit proof of full vaccination or negative PCR COVID-19 test, not both.
- The opportunity for on-site testing will NOT be available at the Institute/Seminar. It will be the participant’s responsibility to locate and secure testing if they above requirements are not met before they are allowed access to the Institute/Seminar.
- NACADA will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred (hotel, travel, medical, etc.) if a participant tests positive for the virus while traveling to/from the Institute/Seminar as outlined in the NACADA Coronavirus/COVID-19 Assumption of Risk and Waiver.
- Participants will be REQUIRED to wear masks regardless of vaccination status during all in-person Institute/Seminar activities.
- All participants are required to review and accept the NACADA Coronavirus/COVID-19 Assumption of Risk and Waiver.
- Participants should not attend the Institute/Seminar if you are ill, experiencing fever, any COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of the Institute/Seminar dates.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at Institute/Seminar check-in.