Manage recruitment and delivery of program services for three TRIO grants located over 250 miles throughout Southcentral and Eastern Idaho. Manage recruitment and delivery of program services to 2600 eligible pre-college adults and youth from target areas leading to successful post-secondary enrollment. Maintain grant compliance and Annual Performance Report database to meet federal guidelines/deadlines. Coordinate with Twin Falls, Burley, Jerome, Pocatello, and Idaho Falls campus sites to achieve TRIO grant objectives and overall ISU TRIO goals. This position includes working additional nights and weekends, requires a clear background check, and has the ability to drive state-issued vehicles when necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinates with Advisors to plan and implement programming for 2600 participants.
• Supervise services provided at four campus sites (Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Burley, and Twin Falls as well as 20 high schools) and adult serving community agencies.
• Develop strategies for determining student eligibility, methods of recruitment and documentation and will analyze data to monitor student progress and evaluation of services.
• Preparation of Annual Performance Report, including monitoring project progress toward achieving objectives using Blumen software, documents program performance and gathers information for the report, submission the report to USDOE.
• Coordinates and supervise activities with Advisors to ensure a schedule of programs and school activities are developed, activities are implemented, time frames set, implementation of required services, coordination of student activities, career, cultural and college events.
• Will complete additional work assignments that come about because of program changes, USDOE changes or requests, University changes or requests.
• Provide information to staff regarding post-secondary opportunities including admissions, financial aid, scholarships, testing, loan default advising, and course selection.
• May include assisting staff in how to instruct students in finishing a GED, developmental coursework planning, completing applications for admissions, scholarships, and financial aid.
• Assist staff in program development, which reflects grant objectives and the needs of the students.
• Work additional nights and weekends to supervise, monitor, and assist with the program curriculum. Extensive travel and after hours work is required for this position. High Schools and adult serving community agencies are spread out over 250 miles and monthly visits must occur for all outreach sites to provide direct supervision.
• Manages all elements of the budgets for the three TRIO grants (2 ETS and 1 EOC) in accordance with federal and university regulations.
• Develop program assessment tools to monitor program outcomes and provide guidance to TRIO ETS and EOC staff in adapting to students' needs.
• Actively develops relationships with schools personnel, businesses, and community agencies for partnership in student’s academic achievements and for advancement of the program.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1389?c=isu
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to November 2, 2021. Salary will be between $72,000 and $75,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req1389
Type: Working 12 months per year
Position: Non-classified Staff Division: Idaho State University
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.