THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
General Description of the Job
Under the leadership of the Associate Vice-President of Academic Affairs ||Office of Student Success, this position reports directly to the Executive Director of Advising and Retention. The successful candidate for this position will work in collaboration with campus-wide academic advisors, and faculty, to provide advising, offer intervention, perform student tracking and monitoring, and actively participate in new student orientations, pre-registration and registration. In addition, the position requires special skills, abilities and frequent discretionary judgment to implement appropriate courses of action following an evaluation of complex situations, involving individual student situations, academic major requirements and university policy.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Provide developmental academic advising to assigned incoming freshman and pre-program majors.
2. Provide incoming students with policy and procedural information relating to academics and institutional guidelines such as drop/add policy, academic probation/suspension/dismissal, and satisfactory academic progress.
3. Assist students in the development of their educational goals, including the selection of a major, course selection, meeting graduation requirements, experiential learning opportunities and exploring the possibility of graduate school using advising database tools such as the Individual Development Plan (IDP) and Degreeworks. Assist students with and registration process. Maintain student counseling and participation records using the IDP.
4. Provide assistance on development of academic programming and advisement for students on academic probation and non-compliant with Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress.
5. Provide information and referrals regarding campus services and Office of Student Success academic resources.
All interested qualified applicants must complete the online application process for full consideration. Go to www.desu.edu.jobs.
Please go to www.desu.edu
Cover letters and resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Jarso Saygbe, Associate Vice President Office of Student Success email@example.com
1. Education: Master's degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, Education, Organizational Leadership, or other related fields.
2. Successful experience: Two (2) to five (5) years' experience working at the professional level with college students in a college setting.
3. Must possess a positive attitude towards student success and University retention initiatives.
4. Demonstrated superior customer service skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of diverse constituents including students, parents, faculty, advisors, and administrators.
5. Must have strong computer skills and can demonstrate mastery knowledge in the use of computers and using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook & Access) to create and produce written reports, data tracking, and other documents.
1. Demonstrated superior customer service skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of diverse constituents including students, parents, faculty, advisors, and administrators.
2. Must have strong computer skills and can demonstrate mastery knowledge in the use of computers and using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook & Access) to create and produce written reports, data tracking, and other documents.