Antioch University AULA Program Coordinator Antioch University Los Angeles seeks a Program Coordinator to serve as the primary communicative hub between the Program Chair, program faculty, Senior Program Administrator, current and prospective students, and University departments (such as Financial Aid, Admissions, Student Services and Registrar). Along with the Master of Arts in Psychology Program (MAP) core faculty, the Program Coordinator is part of the public face of the program, working closely with prospective students, adjunct faculty, current students, program alumni, and members of the Los Angeles professional community. The Program Coordinator assists in the support and development of academic operations, student and faculty support, and other functions of the MAP program including marketing and outreach, and student recruitment and retention.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creates and distributes the quarterly program schedule and the adjunct teaching schedules.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the program, including requirements, curriculum, policies and procedures, standards, philosophy, and long-range plans and strategies, communicates accurate program information to students, faculty, prospective students, and other University offices.
- Addresses student and faculty email inquiries and facilitates timely notification to relevant units/leaders and responses to students.
- Monitors program expenditures of faculty contracts and tuition income, executes paperwork for authorized expenses, line transfers, and other budget related matters.
- Supports the recruitment process including taking and following up on inquiries, providing program information, arranging for prospective student visitation to MAP classes, assisting with the preparation of recruitment materials, and tracking the admissions files.
- Assists in planning and facilitating New Student Orientation each quarter.
- Schedules and attends MAP program meetings and faculty meetings and manages follow through on all action items.
- Assists the Program Chair in the hiring process of affiliate and adjunct faculty, including executes employment contracts for signature of the Dean/VPAA, orients new faculty to administrative aspects of their job and the contents of the Faculty Handbook, and prepares payroll information and employment materials for human resources and fiscal departments.
- Helps trouble-shoots administrative concerns of faculty such as room scheduling, textbook orders, room set up, and classroom supplies.
- Facilitates technical needs including assists with program use of Colleague, Self-Service, Google Email and Google Sites.
- Assists with maintenance of MAP website for purposes of student recruitment, keeping faculty and program information current, and developing Program Highlight materials.
- Prepares and distributes packets for course and workshop
- Coordinates the daily work of student employees.
Program Data Management:
- Works with MAP faculty to maintain MAP program database and mailing lists.
- Maintains archives of course numbers, descriptions and syllabi, course evaluations and CVs of all
- Updates and keeps current materials from potential adjunct
- Maintains database of faculty teaching history and faculty demographic
- Maintains updated mail and e-mail lists of students and
- Assists in compiling statistics when required for assessment and other
- In conjunction with the Office of the Dean/VPAA and the program chair, assists with the writing of academic sections of University publications, including but not limited to faculty and student handbooks and university
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of reference names and contact information at https://www.click2apply.net/MaKdd5sJylD4mhljZCaD48
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of related experience; or equivalent education, experience and training.
- Working knowledge of budgets.
- Strong organizational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Google suite, and ability to learn and utilize new software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of reference names and contact information. Go to www.antioch.edu/employment/ Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time. Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification. NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/MaKdd5sJylD4mhljZCaD48 PI187721446