Antioch University AULA Senior Academic Advisor
The Senior Academic Advisor works in the MA Clinical Psychology Program in Antioch University Los Angeles (AULA) and reports directly to the MAP Chair. The Senior Academic Advisor facilitates student success by creating systems, procedures and proactive strategies that help students stay on track academically. The Senior Academic Advisor develops supportive relationships with students and works collaboratively with MAP faculty, administrators and staff to facilitate an environment of shared responsibility for student success. The Senior Academic Advisor coordinates the work of any FWS students in support of advising activities and functions. The Senior Academic Advisor explains institutional policies and procedures, program and degree requirements, and related academic matters; and works closely with other institutional support teams to ensure that student inquiries and other support needs are addressed in a timely and effective manner. The Senior Academic Advisor assesses student support needs in order to make referrals to program faculty, Antioch University office, or community services and follows up as needed to ensure all elements are addressed appropriately and successfully.
Duties require excellent communication and problem-solving skills; knowledge of higher education systems, policies and practices; the ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks; supervisory, management skills, and sensitivity to the needs of adult learners. A strong understanding of the program curriculum, courses, degree requirements, policies and administrative procedures is essential. The Senior Academic Advisor must have professional discretion, be discerning in interactions with others and maintain a high degree of confidentiality on issues related to students, including personal issues, status, performance, grievances and other program matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Student Advising and Administrative Support
• Connect with new students upon acceptance of admission to ensure overall readiness and escalate outstanding matters that would affect their ability to have a smooth and successful start
• Advise students on institutional policies and procedures, program requirements, clinical training requirements and related academic matters including grievance procedures
• Assist faculty as needed on any issues regarding student advisement
• Develop and facilitate faculty and staff trainings and design materials to enable MAP faculty and staff to support student academic and professional success
• Work closely with institutional staff to ensure that student inquiries are strategically coordinated and addressed in a timely manner, leading to an inspiring student experience while supporting academic integrity and institutional policies
• Guide students to develop accountability for their decisions and an understanding of how those decisions impact their success
• Empower students to maintain effective connections to the institution and its community of learners
• Advise students on alternative schedule(s) to provide support and ensure students are progressing within stated timeframes
• Manages registration activities, petition applications, transfer of courses, and traineeship paperwork in collaboration with other personnel
• Create and maintain spreadsheets to track off-cohort students, advise as needed and provide schedules
• Assist in data collection for purpose of assessing program outcomes
• Maintain electronic student files and schedules
• Maintain detailed knowledge of the MAP degree program and concentrations, including requirements, curriculum, policies and procedures Student Retention
• Provide comprehensive outreach to students who are at risk of not meeting satisfactory academic progress including follow up to those with SAP and/or financial aid warnings
• Closely monitor students to proactively identify at-risk scenarios and identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve student success strategies
• Monitors student progress towards meeting graduation requirements with special attention to the retention of at-risk students
• Help organize events, seminars and other activities to support student success
• Act as an advocate in handling student requests and complaints
• Meet with students as requested and/or needed
• Create and maintain spreadsheets to track courses and instructor assignments; assign courses in a timely manner, 3 quarters or more in advance
• Assist in planning out quarterly class schedules through two years out
• Member of the campus safety committee, behavioral intervention team
• Assist with the delivery of on campus events as assigned, including co- hosting graduate preparation meetings
• Support efforts of student council Clinical Training Support
• Maintain accurate and detailed knowledge of California Marriage and Family Therapy licensure requirements and a working knowledge of out- of-state licensing requirements for the purpose of advising and working closely with Director of Clinical Training to support student Clinical Training requirements
• Assist with the student conferral process in direct collaboration with CTO staff
• Assist with student requests and needs within their clinical training processes
• Work closely with faculty whenever preparation for clinical training and/or overall suitability concerns arise prior to or during a students clinical training experience
Other duties as assigned
Antioch University Los Angeles
• Bachelors degree in Psychology or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution required, Masters degree preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience working in an educational setting, including 1 year of counseling experience required. Student advising experience in higher education, preferably in adult-oriented programs preferred.
• Effectively work with multiple databases and student platforms, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request through resolution.
• Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficulty situations
• Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
• Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
• Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
• Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Evenings and/or weekend hours may be required. The normal work week is Monday through Friday, 9:00 - 6:00.
Working remotely until further notice. Office to be housed at Antioch University Los Angeles campus.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, CV or resume, and names of three (3) business references. Please apply at https://www.antioch.edu/employment/
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification. NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check .
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/G7gkexc4A8OyVFaPYuw5ad PI174522968