Antioch University AUSB Assistant to the Director of Clinical Training, MA Clinical Psychology Program Location: Santa Barbara, CA Department: MACP Reports to: Director of Clinical Training, Department Chair Classification: Part-time hourly, 20 hours per week, Hybrid (part remote work, part in-person) or Fully Remote General Summary: This position in the Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology Program will assist the Director of Clinical Training in overseeing and developing the programs clinical training component. This position reports directly to the Director of Clinical Training and MACP Program Department Chair.
Engagement in Student Learning
• Serves as a mentor for all students in clinical training within the program and provides administrative support in obtaining, maintaining, and documenting clinical training experiences.
• Advises students on California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) policies and procedures as well as institutional policies and procedures pertaining to clinical training and related academic matters Engagement in Institutional Citizenship • Participates in program development and other departmental initiatives.
• Possible opportunities to coordinate with the admissions committee in reviewing applications and interviewing candidates.
• Functions as liaison between the MACP program and trainee sites; develops new sites, maintains relationships with sites and supervisors, coordinates open houses, Central Coast Consortium meetings, and oversees all documentation related to clinical training.
• Works closely with other institutional support teams to ensure traineeship needs are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
• Masters degree in psychology or a related field from an accredited institution. A Masters degree in progress will be considered.
• A background in Clinical Psychology and familiarity with the clinical training requirements leading to MFT and PCC licensure is essential.
• Clinical training experience and currently held clinical license or license eligible as LMFT, LPCC, LCSW, or Psychologist
• Faculty and/or administrative experience preferred.
• Experience in a multicultural environment with a demonstrated commitment to culturally diverse learners.
• Detail orientation and organizational ability is essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Work Location: Working remotely until at least Summer quarter. Office to be housed at the Antioch University Santa Barbara campus. Hours of Employment: This is part-time position, 20 hours per week. The work schedule will be established in consultation with the Department Chair and Director of Clinical Training; however, must be within the department scheduled hours of Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm PST. Hybrid (part remote work, part in-person) or Fully Remote.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
To apply, please submit a CV/resume, cover letter, and a list of reference names and contact information here . Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification. NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ygGw1ztwwdR7RIyX7Un1Ja PI169567314
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ygGw1ztwwdR7RIyX7Un1Ja