The David Eccles School of Business prepares our graduates to be engaged citizens in a rapidly changing global world of business, and through the synergy of research, education, and service, we strive to be among the most respected business schools in the world. We are seeking motivated candidates who are organized, with interpersonal skills and attention to detail who want to find a rewarding and challenging job working with students for our Masters of Science Business Analytics (MSBA) and Masters of Science Information Systems (MSIS) programs at the David Eccles School of Business. The academic advisor for MSIS/MSBA helps both our masters and certificate students navigate their path to graduation. This position requires tenacity, energy, exceptional communication skills and yes, a sense of humor! The David Eccles School of Business is on a mission to grow our graduate programs and achieve top national rankings. It’s an exciting place to work. If being a part of our rise to the top sounds interesting and in alignment with your strengths and abilities, then we hope you will apply!
BENEFITS OFFERED WITH THE POSITION
• Opportunities to create, expand, and implement your ideas for growth within these programs.
• Opportunities to plan exciting events for growth within these programs.
• Be part of a supportive team eager to see your ideas unfold and be recognized for your accomplishments.
• A full benefits package, complete with healthcare, retirement, and tuition reduction options.
University of Utah Job ID PRN23823B - 01683 - MSIS PROGRAM
COMPENSATION: $40,000 to $49,000/annual
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 hours per week, Day
The Academic Advising Coordinator will provide support for our team with the David Eccles School of Business. Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Meets with students to provide information and guidance on academic related issues, such as graduation requirements and exceptions, course planning and registration, transfer credit evaluation/substitution or degree requirements.
• Facilitates students’ academic progress by evaluating their needs and developing appropriate educational plans. Makes referrals for students who need assistance with overcoming learning obstacles, specialized tutoring, extended or intensive assistance with career decisions or similar needs.
• Collects and disseminates information to students, faculty and departments about changes in major requirements or University policies and adjusts advising strategies as appropriate.
• Coordinates new/transfer student orientation sessions.
• Maintains students’ academic files that include a record of the advising activity that takes place during each visit. • May supervise student employees and participate in hiring, training, and evaluating those employees.
• Coordinate with the team to ensure superior service to prospects, applicants, and enrolled students.
• This position requires extensive knowledge of University-wide policies and requirements of multiple academic programs in order to interpret complex policies and effectively communicate the information in an easily understood manner. Incumbents regularly exercise independent judgment when assessing program and student needs and determining appropriate courses of action to address those needs. This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/105945
SUPPLEMENTAL VIDEO INTERVIEW REQUIREMENT
In addition to the University of Utah online application, all applicants are required to complete a pre-screening interview. Please access the video interview from the link listed below. https://eccles.hirevue.com/signup/TZs4Gpb3SeapfszktNKq2G/
Please be sure to read all of the instructions. Before you begin recording your video responses to the 4 application questions, you will have an opportunity to practice using the system to check your lighting and sound. Once you begin recording your answers, the system will take you through all 4 questions; you will not be able to stop or pause the program. When your recordings are complete, allow the video to save 100% and click the “COMPLETE” button.
The state's oldest and largest institution of higher education, the University of Utah is the flagship university of the state. The University offers more than 100 undergraduate and 90 graduate degree programs to more than 31,000 students (23,500 undergraduate and 7,500 graduate). The University is noted for its high research profile, its diversity of ideas and people, its stunningly beautiful setting and the warmth, friendliness, and collegiality of its faculty staff, and students. The mission of the University of Utah is to create a learning environment that fosters discovery, refinement, and wide dissemination of knowledge. By integrating outstanding teaching, cutting-edge research, creative scholarship, and community involvement, the University investigates significant issues affecting and advancing the human condition, while preparing its students for important roles within a diverse and ever-changing society. The University of Utah is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment where student citizens are provided the opportunity to develop the vision, perspective, skills, and integrity to become influential leaders and professionals. The University aims to achieve a nationally renowned scholarly and collegial environment for the generation of ideas, interdisciplinary research, and creative works that will contribute to the betterment of Utah and the world. Imagine yourself working in a collaborative, creative, respectful environment where everyone's contribution is needed and appreciated - University of Utah!
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/105945
Candidates will be screened based off of Preferences. Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Previous experience in an advising, counseling or teaching environment is preferred. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
• Previous experience in an advising, counseling, or teaching environment is preferred.
• Ability to work independently, analyze, and make decisions related to job responsibilities. Demonstrated success in problem-solving and creative resourcing.
• Ability to be successful in a fast paced work environment, handle multiple requests, and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize work load. Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate an environment that involves complex processes and policies.
• Experience with event planning and evidence of success resulting from the event. Ability to successfully plan, execute, and finalize multiple events at the same time.
• Experience in creating and maintaining partnerships and be able to find new ways to develop your network.
• Superior written and verbal communication, as well as, presentation skills.
• Effective at both public speaking and one-to-one interviews.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft products including Excel, Word, Power Point.
• Experience working with databases and data analysis is strongly preferred
• Candidates with marketing experience including social media, design, or advertising that can help us creatively grow our outreach efforts for our graduate programs are preferred.
• Experience in higher education and /or admissions is not required and should not inhibit an applicant with the above skills and interests from applying.