The Academic Advisor will provide academic advising to newly admitted students as well as current undergraduate students in the College of Science and Engineering. This individual will actively participate in all academic advisor activities and responsibilities, and serve as a liaison to the college and students that have been assigned. The academic advisor will provide personalized and proactive assistance to all assigned students as they make progress towards their educational goals. They will also work closely with professors, fellow advisors, their immediate supervisor, and university administrators and provide accurate and helpful information.
• Schedule and meet regularly with all assigned advisees
• Assist advisees in course registration and monitor academic progress
• Manage student cases generated by the ISU Navigate early alert platform
• Effectively communicate institutional standards for graduation
• Connect students to campus resources as necessary
• Work within the current academic advising initiatives to promote a coordinated, proactive advising environment
• Serve on university committees as requested
• Communicate effectively with advising entities and key departments across campus
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Advising or Executive Director of Academic Advising and Assessment
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1626?c=isu
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
Please submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to June 12, 2022. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight. Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.