The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Academic Advisor I on the Dahlonega campus. The Academic Advisor, Dahlonega, works with a diverse student population individually and in groups regarding general education and major requirements and assists in course selection as part of a professional team of advisors. The advisor primarily supports students in specific majors to develop educational plans and goals. The advisor provides accurate and timely information regarding UNG academic policies and procedures and targeted, intentional support for students who are underachieving academically. The advisor serves as a liaison to faculty and appropriate departments and is also responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and assessment of comprehensive student advisement tools and student success programs, including UNG's Quality Enhancement Plan. The advisor uses predictive analytic technology to support student persistence and assists with workshops, advance scheduling, and all advising and registration responsibilities at new student orientations on the Dahlonega campus. Other duties as assigned.
- Assists a diverse student population, primarily students in specific assigned majors, in developing educational plans and goals.
- Delivers targeted retention and success programs for special populations.
- Uses predictive analytic technology to support student persistence.
- Participates in all advising and registration responsibilities at new student orientations.
- Develops advance schedules for new freshmen.
- Develops and delivers student workshops and faculty training sessions.
- Assists in the development and delivery of assessment tools for academic advising
Apply online at: https://ung.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/index.php
Submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.