Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the Ying Wu College of Computing (YWCC) at New Jersey Institute of Technology, the Academic Advisor provides academic advising and registration support for both on-campus and distance learning students as well as students studying at satellite location(s). Academic Advisors serve as advocates for students.
All related advising and registration functions, including but not limited to:
* Working with students to set academic goals and to develop strategies for achieving these goals.
* Addressing procedural and technical questions about course selection and registration.
* Assisting students in planning timely completion of degree requirements
* Monitoring students' academic progress to ensure timely degree completion
* Explaining YWCC curricula to better guide students in their choice of major, concentration, electives and/or degree.
* Assist with recruitment activities at high schools, county/community colleges, and at NJIT.
* Teach one-credit academic and professional preparation seminar courses to YWCC students.
* Perform graduation certification.
* Other duties as assigned. Note: some of these responsibilities require occasional evening and weekend work.
https://njit.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3697?c=njit or hr.njit.edu and search for req3697
As an EEO employer NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity and inclusion, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJIT’s continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.