This position is an Academic Advisor in the College of Engineering for the School of Environmental, Civil, Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering. The individual will be responsible for maintaining a caseload of approximately 350-400 advisees, administering student academic support, serving as the lead for degree support, providing leadership in the development of procedures that support broader efforts in student success, and representing the College of Engineering at recruitment events. This position will report directly to the School Chair for the School of Environmental, Civil, Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering.
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 300-400 advisees.
- Assist students with curriculum planning and registration each semester and maintain student files/records; remain familiar with degree program requirements.
- Administer student support to enrolled and prospective students; serve on various campus committees.
- Completion of Academic Advising Certificate Program and attend yearly UGA advising workshops.
- Serve as the lead/point of contact for degree support and enhancement activities that extend /augment the educational opportunities associated with engineering undergraduate degree programs.
- Provide leadership in the development of activities, processes and procedures that support broader efforts in the area of student retention, success and professional development.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of degree program procedures and policies; assist in connecting students experiencing academic difficulty to the appropriate campus.
- Recruitment activities – Represent the College of Engineering at recruitment events and related meetings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, professional development seminars, and other student support related meetings; Provide cross training to academic staff as required.
Please apply for this position through the University of Georgia Human Resources Employment Services Website. A direct link to the position posting is below: https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/86678 To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
Luke Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org