Categories: Rocky Mountain Region 10
|Colorado State University
|Jun 21 2019 10:00PM
The Academic Advisor position within the Student Success and Engagement Team of CSU Online is a full-time twelve month Administrative Professional position dedicated to serving degree and certificate admitted students within CSU Online. The Academic Advisor plays a supportive role in strengthening CSU Online efforts to provide quality advising and promote online student success. This position supports an innovative and holistic approach to providing students with the assistance, guidance and resources necessary to be successful. The primary functions of the Academic Advisor are to foster successful transition to the university and online environment for students in their initial semester, promote exploration of majors to ensure students’ choice of appropriate major, and use of action plans to promote timely persistence and graduation.
- Make determinations about how to resolve student challenges and issues regarding their registration and path to graduation.
- Exercise judgement in the area of student interactions and apply previous knowledge or specialized skills to achieve desired retention results.
- Individually evaluate data to determine best course of action for student.
- Determine the process for and oversee the implementation of retention strategies for at risk students.
- Develop new student support and advising strategies to help meet retention and student experience goals.
- Work as a team to collaborate on advising initiatives.
Apply Online at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/67141
Colorado State University
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in the area of Higher Education Leadership, Student Affairs Administration, Management, Business or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in higher education working directly with students as an academic advisor in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience with adult, non-traditional or online student audiences including advising, teaching and working with students as they progress through admission, enrollment, or degree-completion processes.
- Five years or more experience in higher education working directly with students in an advisory/student service capacity.
- One year or more of experience working directly with online students in a higher education environment.
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce or Microsoft CRM within a higher education environment.
- Experience with university student information systems and course management systems such as Banner (SunGard systems).
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated through use of digital information to track data and extract meaning.
- Experience using technology to create a personal connection with students or customers at a distance to assist in solving problems, maintain relationships and motivate students to take action.
- Demonstrated ability to do detailed work, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including demonstrated ability to guide new and continuing students through advising processes while utilizing professional expertise in contemporary advising and student success theories