The Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition in the College of Applied Health Sciences seeks an Academic Advisor to provide academic advising to the department’s undergraduate kinesiology student population.
• Monitor academic progress of students to determine satisfactory progress toward degree completion
• Meet with students to assess and advise on academic and career goals by assisting in the course planning process, discussing career interests and related skills, providing information on pre-health admissions requirements, making recommendations on industry certifications, referring to campus resources, assisting with exploration of extracurricular involvement, etc.
• Maintain and verify official student files
• Evaluate and verify transfer transcripts from other academic institutions for equivalencies and application to degree program
• Serve on committees to make decisions regarding admissions, academic probation, dismissal and degree status
• Interpret and explain college and university policies and procedures
• Assist in recruitment of prospective students
• Assist in the retention of continuing students specifically those on academic probation
• Help identify potential barriers to student success and make appropriate referrals
• Gather and prepare various reports as requested
• Participate in and lead internal and external recruitment events and initiatives
• Provide feedback and input on curricular changes and updates
• Perform other related duties and participate in specific programs as assigned
Please submit an application, resume, cover letter and the names of three professional references. Candidates should submit their materials by the closing date of September 23, 2019. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. To apply, click on the following link: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=120670
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Emily Jordan firstname.lastname@example.org