What We’re Looking For
Baylor University's Robbins College of Health & Human Sciences is seeking an Academic Advisor. This position is a critical role in our students' academic success and in reaching their graduation target. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree, one year of relevant experience, and an active Christian faith. A Master's Degree and three years of relevant work experience are preferred. No educational equivalency will be considered for this position.
What You Will Do
• Assist students in developing educational plans, selecting courses and evaluating academic progress
• Provide information on University resources available to students
• Assist new students about learning about majors and programs offered
• Prepare and update advising materials, degree plans and websites
• Design and implement academic workshops to promote success and retention
• Maintain relationships with University constituents
• Assist in planning and developing advising support services
• Ensure a high level of confidentiality
• Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission
• Ability to comply with University policies
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
To be a part of the most compelling mission in higher education, submit a CV/resume, cover letter, and online application at baylor.edu/jobs.
About Baylor Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
What You Can Expect As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages. Explore & Engage Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and many opportunities to engage locally.