The College of Business at Kansas State University seeks applicants for an Academic Advisor. This role is a regular, full-time appointment. The college has a centralized advising model with 7 professional academic advisors who serve all the students in the undergraduate program. The advising team’s overarching mission is to enhance student success by providing individualized and comprehensive advising services that meet the needs of diverse student populations. The academic advisors work closely with the college’s career development staff, academic departments and university support programs.
The individual in this position will:
·Provide information about academic programs and main career paths in business.
· Teach sections of the online Business Orientation course to new students.
· Work closely with students on developing academic plans that meet individual student’s needs, interests, and academic and career goals.
· Disseminate college and university policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner.
· Coordinate college new student orientation and enrollment programs.
· Develop and implement activities and programs to support and enhance academic advising services.
· Revise advising materials and resources.
· Collaborate with staff and faculty in the college as well as university support programs.
· Serve on college and university wide committees.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Position announcement and details about how to apply can be found on the Kansas State University Human Capital Services website: https://careers.k-state.edu/en-us/job/510856/academic-advisor-college-of-business
The College of Business' goal is to provide excellent undergraduate and graduate degree programs that will prepare students to become successful business professionals in an increasingly diverse and interconnected workplace. The college's comparative advantage derives from a strong, inclusive family culture, a diverse and well-qualified student population, a faculty committed to high-quality research and teaching, dedicated staff, and strong support from alumni and the business community. The College is accredited by AACSB in both business administration and accounting. To learn more visit: http://www.cba.ksu.edu. Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Kevin Moodie, academic advisor, chair of search committee, email@example.com, 785.532.6180