Under general direction, the Academic Advisor is responsible for managing an assigned caseload of students (approximately 200) throughout the academic year; provides academic information and support to students during the registration process; explores various major and career options and works aggressively to improve the academic performance and retention of Lincoln College students.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide academic advising to prospective, new, and returning students, individually or in groups, about Lincoln College policies, programs of study, and degree options.
2. Proactively seek out assigned advisees making certain to meet in person with advisees several times throughout each semester.
3. Proactively seek to engage with advisees outside of the Academic Advising Office.
4. Provide students with information about alternatives and possible consequences of academic decisions.
5. Complete and document all necessary Academic Advising forms in a file for each advisee.
6. Maintain current knowledge of all Lincoln College degree programs.
7. Work closely with staff offices across campus to connect students to academic, financial, and personal support.
8. Complete other advising duties as requested such as tracking retention, authorizing add/drops, and conducting degree audits.
9. Keep advising statistics, work schedule and other reporting documents up-to-date.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
For full consideration, please visit https://lincolncollegejobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/493 to complete the online application.
Lincoln College is a private, independent liberal arts institution offering associate, bachelor, and graduate degree options in multiple formats. Our students excel with the personalized curriculum and hands-on learning experiences.
Lincoln College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Jacob Harnacke Director of Student Success & Academic Advisement Lincoln College firstname.lastname@example.org