The Academic Advisor in the Student Academic Success Office reports to the Director for Academic Success and provides individualized and group advising to students, with an emphasis on supporting students who are exploratory, academically high-risk, athletes, and those on academic probation.
The primary duties are: Provides academic advising to students; works closely with the Office of Career Services to provide major, career/pathway exploration and planning.
• Works with the Student Academic Success Office team to develop new programs and activities to promote student’s academic success, personal growth, and leadership skills.
• Reviews student records and develops student academic success plans and interventions.
• Collaborates with faculty to enhance achievement of student learning objectives.
• Serves as liaison between students, staff, faculty and administrators: provides referral services for students: assesses and coordinates services and streamlines processes in a changing environment.
• Informs faculty and supports students with academic alerts.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Attach online only your resume/curriculum vitae, cover letter and contact information for three references. Go to https://www.xula.edu/
All candidates should apply through the Xavier University website and complete are required steps.
Dr. George Williams
Director of Student Academic Success
Xavier University of Louisiana
Knowledge, Education, Experience, and Proficiencies
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution in counseling and guidance, college student personnel, educational administration, student affairs, or related field.
• Two years of academic advising, retention, or counseling services (with at least 1 year in a higher education environment).
• Three years of academic advising, retention, or counseling services (with at least 1 year in a higher education environment).
• Knowledge of advising theory and models of development advising.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment • Excellent oral, written communication skills, and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of Banner, EAB Navigate, and Degree Works