(Note: this position is for an academic advisor in the Academic Advising office, which serves first-year students in the AddRan College of Liberal Arts as well as Pre-Majors) The Academic Advisor is responsible to supports department programs by providing individual or group student advising on academic, career-related issues, programs and curriculum; assisting student in obtaining desired academic outcome.
1. Provides academic advising services to undergraduate students by conducting individual and group counseling/advising sessions.
2. Determines nature of student's situation by responding to inquiries; interviewing students, auditing student records.
3. Recommends a course of action by advising students on progress toward degree completion; ensuring requirements are met; providing alternate strategies for “at risk” students and monitoring progress.
4. Monitors planned actions by periodic follow up; receiving, processing and maintaining required documents; maintain databases; providing reports; analyzing information.
5. Supports academic programs by providing student skills techniques, time management and related academic information to students; evaluating students' academic abilities and skills; assisting students in developing academic plans.
6. Supports department programs by planning and implementing new student's orientation programs and advising activities; developing materials to enhance programs and services.
7. Coordinates advising functions by serving as a liaison between students' faculty; and academic department and other campus services.
8. Serves as liaison for school and academic departments by interpreting academic policies and procedure and curriculum issues.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Mission The mission of Texas Christian University, a private comprehensive university, is to educate individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community through research and creative activities, scholarship, service, and programs of teaching and learning offered through the doctoral level. Vision To be a world-class, values-centered university Values At TCU, we value: Academic and personal achievement Intellectual inquiry and the creation of knowledge Artistic and creative expression A heritage of service in pursuit of the greater good Personal freedom and integrity The dignity of and respect for the individual Active appreciation for the array of human experience and the potential of every human being
Dr. Angela Thompson, Executive Director of Academic Advising email@example.com Dr. Blake Henson Assistant Director of Academic Advising firstname.lastname@example.org