This position will serve as an academic and career coach for the UNO Success Academy. The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.
- Duties and responsibilities to include the following:
- Work directly with first-year undergraduate students at UNO in the Success Academy program to connect them to campus resources, assist in their development of success skills and habits, and support their progression to degree completion
- Provide one-to-one academic and career coaching to academically at-risk students
- Work closely with Success Academy-affiliated colleges/schools/departments, including the Academic & Career Development Center, to facilitate student progress
- Assist in developing Success Academy student programming and events
- Provide leadership in implementing an academic recovery program for students on academic probation
- Collaborate with campus and community offices and services to provide wrap-around support to students
- Use a variety of data and analytics tools and resources to provide proactive guidance to students, with an over-arching goal of increasing retention and graduation rates
- Teach one or more sections of US 1010 (Critical Thinking for the Modern Day College Student), and assist in developing curriculum for the US 1010 course sections specific to Success Academy.
To apply, please visit: http://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/9008
The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is located in the heart of Nebraska's largest city and is regarded as a forward-thinking, comprehensive metropolitan university. Offering a broad range of academic majors from baccalaureate through doctoral degrees, UNO is the place for serious students looking for a solid education in a metropolitan setting. With ample opportunities for learning both in and outside of the classroom through internships and services learning projects, UNO graduates are well-prepared to assume a leadership role in society and their chosen field. Founded in 1908, UNO has enjoyed over a century of success in higher education. Students like the distinctive metropolitan emphasis at UNO. A beautiful and peaceful campus in the middle of the city of Omaha, with a wealth of opportunities for employment, UNO is the destination public university in the region. Situated on 240 acres surrounded by beautiful parks and residences, UNO has over 1,300 faculty and staff, 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and competes at the NCAA DI level with 16 varsity sports. UNO is a member of the Summit League.
mail to: email@example.com
Rachel Radel, Employment Specialist; firstname.lastname@example.org
Master’s degree in a related field (counseling, psychology, student personnel, human resources, business administration, education, student affairs, social work) or Master’s degree in progress in a related field plus related professional experience.
Previous experience in higher education with preference given to tutoring, learning center, or academic advising experience with at-risk populations. Possess knowledge of current and emerging trends concerning students in transition and college student success; knowledge of learning strategies, academic success skills, motivational techniques, and basic counseling principles; excellent interpersonal communication skills; strong collaboration skills; high level of organizational ability; and the ability to synthesize and take action on complex information.