This position works with the Student-Athlete Academic Support Services team to provide academic support to assigned teams. Assists coaches, athletic administrators, university administrators and faculty with any and all concerns as they relate to the academic needs and overall development of the student-athletes at Miami University. This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Provide detailed weekly and end of semester reports to SAAS staff, head coaches and sport administrators on student athlete academic performance
- Provide one-on-one academic support/learning interventions
- Educate student athletes on registration process, financial aid, NCAA academic progress, study skills, time management, test taking and other skills that support the success of students.
- Assist the sport programs in talking with prospective student-athletes, parents, and/or guardians about the academic services provided at Miami University at recruiting visits and scheduled recruiting functions
- Represent the Office of Student-Athlete Academic Support Services on University Committees, and communicate NCAA and MAC rules and regulations on satisfactory progress and eligibility with college academic advisors and support staff.
- Address university staff and faculty members concerns related to student-athlete issues
Occasional travel with team as needed Oversee student workers/study table monitors Instruct KNH 112: Transition for College Students Other duties as assigned. (This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.)
Miami University only accepts online applications through our jobs and careers website. The direct link to this position is: http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/495430
Miami University, established in 1809, is a public university located in Oxford, Ohio. Ranked among the top 50 "Best Values in Public Colleges" by Kiplinger, Miami is recognized as one of the nation's most outstanding undergraduate institutions. With a student body of nearly 19,000, Miami effectively combines a wide range of strong academic programs with the personal attention ordinarily found only at much smaller institutions.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices.
Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.
Department of Human Resources employment@MiamiOH.edu (513) 529-3131