The School of Life Sciences is seeking a motivated Academic Success Advisor to support students in making timely progress toward their degree through a variety of academic counseling and support strategies. This position is based on-campus in Tempe, Arizona.
• Provides 1:1 academic advising, recruitment/retention, and academic success support functions to students to ensure ongoing successful progress to completion of degree program through appointments, emails, and outreach campaigns.
• Works closely with students to identify all academic options including, but not limited to: degrees, extracurricular activities, study abroad program(s), research, and internships; supports and provides counsel to student in selection of options best suited to student's goals, interests and skills.
• Communicates via Zoom, Slack, email, Salesforce, in-person appointments, phone appointments, and other mediums with stakeholders
• Assists with academic program development and implementation.
• Monitors student academic progress through a variety of reporting tools including eAdvisor, degree audits, major maps, and advisor portal; works closely and collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to ensure academic success.
• Working under limited or minimal supervision, handles problems, provides guidance and advice to students
• As primary liaison, connects students with academic and personal resources including, but not limited to: tutoring, counseling, accessibility services, and career services.
• Works collaboratively and collegially with academic units and services throughout the university to facilitate comprehensive student support.
• Utilizes a variety of university data and programmatic direction to promote student academic success.
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on July 20, 2021. Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position. Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position. ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews for this position. Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe. ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
The School of Life Sciences (SOLS) has provided a vital hub for creative excellence at Arizona State University, with more than 670 faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and staff, and research that ranges from studies on biodiesel and biohydrogen to vaccine development and the conservation of whales. As ASU’s first academic unit to fully reflect President Michael Crow’s integrated, interdisciplinary vision for the New American University, the School of Life Sciences offers active and evolving platforms for collaborative, cutting-edge research and faculty whose discovery is freed from traditional institutional boundaries.
Jenny Gibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bachelor's degree AND one (1) year or more previous experience in one or more of the following: advising, student recruitment/retention or related student services utilizing a proactive and innovative approach which results in demonstrated outcomes in retention, graduation, and academic planning; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
• Evidence of a Master’s degree in counseling, health sciences, or communications or related field.
• Experience in taking a holistic approach to encouraging student growth and development.
• Admissions, student retention, or student services experience a plus.
• Experience advising in on-campus and remote environments. Demonstrated knowledge with Salesforce or email communication with students.