The W. P. Carey School of Business Undergraduate Programs Office is currently seeking a service-oriented individual to join our advising team at the Tempe campus. This position advises undergraduate students with a focus on student success, retention and making timely progress toward degree completion. Strong technical and organizations skills are needed to track student progress. Academic Success Specialists have a “Business is Personal” perspective, along with strong written and verbal communication skills. They are a part of a team that jumps in and is willing to help out when and wherever it is necessary; this includes teaching a freshmen student success course, attending Camp Carey, assisting at new student orientation and attending W. P. Carey convocation.
- Serves as a professional academic advisor for the W. P. Carey School of Business, advising undergraduate students
- Works with students both one-on-one and in group/class settings, in-person and via phone, e-mail and technological systems
- Responds promptly to student questions and concerns; working with them to ensure ongoing satisfaction with program and successful progress to degree completion. This includes current, prospective (high school and transfer), and students in transition (incoming or outgoing)
- Proactively monitors student academic progress through a variety of reporting tools including eAdvisor, ASU Dashboards, Salesforce, PeopleSoft and DARs. Utilizes these tools as well as phone outreach to provide academic options, course selection and registration Works closely and collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to ensure academic success
- Assists student with interpreting University, college and program level academic policies and procedures
- Assists students and parents in crisis; making appropriate and timely referrals for non-academic issues and/or concerns to applicable services including, but not limited to: Student Health, Counseling & Consultation, and Career Services
- Works closely with students to identify all academic options including, but not limited to: degrees, extracurricular activities, study abroad program(s), research, and internships; supporting and providing counsel to students in selection of options best suited to students' goals, interests and skills
- Participates in recruitment/admissions, retention, career development, and student engagement activities, including teaching a student success course, attend Camp Carey, assist at new student orientation and attend W. P. Carey convocation
- Participates in and presents at workshops related to academic advisement and skill development
- Actively participates in and attend events such as New Student Orientation, Camp Carey, Fall Welcome, Family Weekend and Convocation
Apply here: https://cfo.asu.edu/applicant
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated. Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position. Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position. ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated. Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Department Statement The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu. ASU Statement Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access.
This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe. ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Working Environment: Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
W. P. Carey staff embody a “how can I help you?” mentality and are embedded in a “Business is Personal” culture
- Work with students independently and within a complex team environment
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Use office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, and mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- Ability to problem-solve and assess students' individual needs to provide accurate, detailed information regarding academic planning, retention, scholarship renewal and degree completion
- Ability to rapidly learn, adapt and effectively utilize new technology, practices, policies and methods.
- Cognitive ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, to develop advisement materials in various formats (electronic, hard-copy, etc.), and to coordinate and present information to current and prospective students
- Cognitive ability to provide complex evaluations/assessments of students/programs, including interpretation of policies, procedures, and requirements of various degree/certification programs within the school
- Travel - While based on the Tempe campus, individual must be willing to travel to multiple campus locations in the Phoenix metropolitan area (campus shuttle available)
- Work extended hours, including evening and/or weekends, as needed
ASU Human Resources HRESC@asu.edu 855-278-5081
Bachelor’s degree AND two (2) years previous experience in one or more of the following: advising, student recruitment/retention or related student services utilizing a proactive and innovative approach which results in demonstrated outcomes in retention, graduation, and academic planning; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with students in higher education/college level academic advising
- Experience in customer service skills; team work
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using problem solving skills; critical thinking; time management skills; and having to rapidly adapt and effectively utilize new technology, practices and policies
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, faculty, students, administration and others
- Organizational experience while prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced and service-focused environment; detail-oriented
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU academic structure and organization
- Experience using: Student information computer system (i.e., PeopleSoft, DARS, MyReports/Dashboard, etc.)
- Experience using: Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and/or Powerpoint); Salesforce