The Admission and Student Services Officer will play a central role in the recruitment, admission, and advisement of USC Kaufman BFA students. Additional responsibilities will include taking a lead role in supporting USC Kaufman Career Services, coordinating major recruitment activities and auditions, assisting with Commencement, and implementing a new alumni affairs program that engages alumni in recruitment and career services activities.
- Supports recruitment and admission initiatives, including internal and external communications, outreach programs, and auditions
- Represents USC Kaufman at off-campus recruitment events, including 4-8 local and non-local college fairs each year
- Assists with on-campus admission events, including presentations to prospective students and families; provides support for weekend on-campus auditions
- Provides academic advising for 1/3 of undergraduate BFA majors; advises students on matters of curriculum, general education requirements, course and degree requirements, and graduation counseling and clearance
- Evaluates student problems, academic, administrative or personal and refers student to appropriate student services for additional counseling; liaises with other offices on behalf of students to facilitate problem resolution
- Maintains currency on policies and regulations pertaining to registration, degree progress, graduation requirements, FERPA, and other student services
- Coordinates regular on-campus visit programs and large-scale on-campus and off-campus recruitment activities, including Discover USC Kaufman events, the Dance Director’s event, the On-Campus Open House, the Admitted Student Reception, and the Vice Dean’s new international recruitment tour
- Facilitates USC Kaufman Career Services activities
- Maintains a database of possible employers; seeks internships, collaborations, and other professional development opportunities for students
- Manages requests for approved time off; organizes senior activities, including senior headshots, senior booklet, auditions, and senior showcase events
- Oversees the development of a new alumni affairs program
- Plans and coordinates student events, including career workshops, networking receptions, the Trojan Family Weekend tailgate, and Commencement; assists with maintaining student communications, including website content, the student portal, handbooks, guides, policies, social media posts, etc
- Develops a network of colleagues both off-campus and at the university in support of cultivating interest in the BFA program and graduating students
- Monitors budget and process expenditures for student services activities
- Possibly manages student workers
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit an application, including a resume and cover letter, to https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/admission-and-student-services-officer/1209/11855305
In 2012, USC received a transformational gift from philanthropist Glorya Kaufman to establish a new conservatory-style school of dance. The hallmark of the USC Glorya Kaufman School of Dance — as expressed in its motto “The New Movement” — is the development of a new movement model expressed in media, scholarship, studio practice and choreography for the 21st century. USC Kaufman enrolls approximately 100 BFA dance majors and offers a robust array of non-major and minor offerings in dance open to all USC students. Visit the School’s website at kaufman.usc.edu for more information.
Note: USC Kaufman is actively seeking two new Admission and Student Services Officers. For information on the second position, which includes increased involvement in student orientation, admission and advisement of dance minors, cultivation of non-major students, engagement of dance clubs, course enrollment, registration, and wellness, please see additional posting.
Anne Aubert-Santelli Assistant Dean of Admission and Student Services firstname.lastname@example.org