The Admission and Student Services Officer will play a central role in the recruitment, admission, and advisement of USC Kaufman BFA students. Additional responsibilities will include managing registration, course enrollment and degree progress, taking a lead role in the cultivation non-majors, overseeing admission and advisement of dance minors, providing support for the USC Kaufman Dancer Wellness Initiative, and developing a new student mentor program.
- Supports recruitment and admission initiatives, including internal and external communications, outreach programs, and auditions
- Represents USC Kaufman at off-campus recruitment events, including 4-8 local and non-local college fairs each year; assists with on-campus admission events, including presentations to prospective students and families
- Provides support for weekend on-campus auditions
- Provides academic advising for 1/3 of undergraduate BFA majors; advises students on matters of curriculum, general education requirements, course and degree requirements, and graduation counseling and clearance
- Evaluates student problems, academic, administrative or personal and refers student to appropriate student services for additional counseling
- Liaises with other offices on behalf of students to facilitate problem resolution
- Maintains currency on policies and regulations pertaining to registration, degree progress, graduation requirements, FERPA, and other student services
- Manages the school’s registration activities
- Maintains and processes general registration forms, pre-requisite waivers, and d-clearances
- Oversees degree progress of students; conducts audits for undergraduate BFA majors
- Coordinates the submission of grades and petitions; processes incompletes, exceptions, petitions, and grade changes
- Monitors student program honors and probation programs
- Cultivates the school’s non-major population
- Plans activities to drive enrollment in dance courses
- Oversees admission and advisement of dance minors
- Serves as a liaison to dance clubs as the advisor of the Dance Club Council
- Supports the growing USC Kaufman Dancer Wellness Initiative
- Organizes wellness workshops and develops other programs alongside USC Kaufman faculty and health specialists to promote physical and mental health
- Plans and coordinates student activities, including Orientation, Welcome Week, Open Floor events, and Dance On! Week
- Oversees the development of a new student mentor program
- Assists with maintaining student communications, including website content, the student portal, handbooks, guides, policies, social media posts, etc.
- Develops a network of colleagues both off-campus and at the university in support of cultivating interest in the BFA program and classes for non-majors
- Monitors budget and process expenditures for student services activities
- Possibly manages student workers
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit an application, including a resume and cover letter, to https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/admission-and-student-services-officer/1209/11855306
In 2012, USC received a transformational gift from philanthropist Glorya Kaufman to establish a new conservatory-style school of dance. The hallmark of the USC Glorya Kaufman School of Dance — as expressed in its motto “The New Movement” — is the development of a new movement model expressed in media, scholarship, studio practice and choreography for the 21st century. USC Kaufman enrolls approximately 100 BFA dance majors and offers a robust array of non-major and minor offerings in dance open to all USC students. Visit the School’s website at kaufman.usc.edu for more information.
Note: USC Kaufman is actively seeking two new Admission and Student Services Officer. For information on the second position, which includes increased involvement in coordinating recruitment events and auditions, career services, a new alumni affairs program, and graduation activities, please see additional posting.
Anne Aubert-Santelli Assistant Dean of Admission and Student Services firstname.lastname@example.org