The Admissions and Recruiting Coordinator serves under the administrative supervision of the Associate Deans of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Forest Resources at Mississippi State University, with coordination of activities and input on performance also provided by any Senior Admissions Coordinator within the unit(s). Primary roles of the position are to:
- Recruit undergraduate students to CALS and CFR
- Coordinate and assist with academic activities and events for both colleges
- Develop and implement strategies to recruit scholarly and under-represented students to the colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with academic units in the colleges and the MSU campus
- Coordinate on- and off-campus recruiting
- Maintain relations with high schools, academies, and community/ junior colleges
- Maintain relations with MSU Career Center, Admissions, Financial Aid & Scholarships, Housing, etc.
- Travel to recruiting events and sites to meet with students, parents and stakeholders
- Address and refer inquires and informational requests from faculty, students, and parents or guardians
- Coordinate campus visits with prospective students and parents or guardians
- Maintain prospective student contact files and databases
- Manage office and student assistants
- Coordinate and assist with student orientation sessions
- Recruit and mentor College Ambassadors of CALS and CFR
- Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to maintain and develop colleges' recruiting materials
- Coordinate recruiting communication plan
- Develop and manage annual budget
- K-12 Outreach as it relates to recruitment and career knowledge
- Chair the CALS Recruitment Committee, and serves as a liaison for CALS and CFR on the University Recruitment Committee
- Other responsibilities deemed appropriate (e.g., grantsmanship for recruiting and scholarships)
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, the complete contact information for at least three professional references, and a copy of unofficial transcripts (any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online). Official transcripts will be required of the successful applicant. http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/499126/admissions-coordinator
Mississippi State University is a leading education and research university serving over 22,000 students. The College of Agriculture and Life Science (CALS) at Mississippi State University presents a broad array of opportunities for the study of life, encompassing 9 schools and departments. Together, they offer 16 majors and 46 concentrations for undergraduates and 10 majors and 30 concentrations for graduate degrees.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Requests for additional information on the position can be directed to Dr. Scott Willard at email@example.com or 662-325-0233
Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Life Sciences, Natural Resources, Student Affairs, or other degrees related to this position.
Master’s degree in Agriculture, Life Sciences, Natural Resources, Student Affairs or other related degrees to this position. Experience working with students, parents or guardians, academic administrators, and faculty. Computer skills: spreadsheets, powerpoint, etc.