University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American correspondent for St. George's University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 20,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world. The Admissions Officer is within the Office of Marketing, Recruitment and Enrollment Operations (MREO) and provides support to prospective students interested in SGU’s School of Veterinary Medicine (SVM). The Admissions Officer works with students from the point of initial inquiry through matriculation, providing information and guiding students through their own individual educational journey. This role is responsible for providing the “first impression” of the University to a prospective student and is the starting point of the Admissions process. The Admissions Officer guides qualified prospective students through all of the options available in the chosen career path. The Admissions Officer is critical to achieving the goal of the Admissions team, which is to inform, guide, and present qualified applicants to the Committee on Admission, and to ensure a smooth transition to campus for students who are accepted. The primary responsibility is on the Veterinary program, however the Officer must be conversant in all University programs, the possibilities after graduation, and be able to clearly articulate all the benefits of the various entry points and programs. The Admissions Officer will partner in a close and collaborative way with the Assistant Director, Admissions and colleagues responsible for Field Recruiting, and will report to the Assistant Director, Admissions SVM. Work
• This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment. • This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
• This is a largely sedentary role.
• The ability to maintain good concentration while dealing with interruptions. Hours and Travel
• A typical work week is 37.5 hours Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.
• Flexibility and willingness to work evening hours and weekends in support of peak-time initiatives and student availability.
• Flexibility to work hours outside of normal business hours to accommodate students in various time zones.
• Flexible hours required to implement initiatives and execute deliverables.
• This position may require occasional travel to participate in recruitment events within the U.S.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective students, providing the highest quality customer service and support while guiding the applicant throughout the application process.
• Adhere to all recruitment and Admission processes and procedures to ensure effective contact management, including phone/email follow up throughout inquiry to matriculation cycle.
• Enter, track, and review all applications and supplemental documentation within the specified time frames.
• Exhibit a passion for building meaningful relationships with prospective students built on earning trust and interpreted as a providing a concierge-type service.
• Understand the programs, the postgraduate possibilities, the other possible options each student, and the benefits of SGU’s programs for those who are qualified.
• Maintain working knowledge of SGU admission policies to be able to answer frequently asked questions and troubleshoot problems.
• Advise prospective students on the University’s programs, curriculum, calendars, performance outcomes and financial considerations.
• Work with the team and the managers to ensure that inquiries and applicant concerns are serviced in a timely and appropriate way throughout the admission cycle to enrollment.
• Coordinate with the Assistant Director of Admissions to ensure a seamless student-centric journey from initial inquiry through matriculation.
• Facilitate the completion of applications in a timely manner, following up on any necessary documentation. Present applications for review by the admissions committee.
• Work with other team members to mitigate the melt of accepted students and to provide a smooth transition to campus of all deposited students.
• Facilitate student enrollment, housing, and registration processes.
• Maintain confidentiality of prospective student information.
• Be thoroughly conversant with the various scholarship programs and financial aid available to students.
• Open, review, and triage all incoming Admission inquiries –calls, mail, email, Live Chat, etc. and service all in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Understand Admission requirements, and equivalency to US, from all targeted countries of recruitment (Dependent on region of focus).
• Work closely with all applicants during the acceptance stage regarding deposits, housing, flight information, etc. Identify all candidates who seem concerned about eventual enrollment at SGU.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Apply on our Career Site: https://sgu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/7/home/requisition/744?c=sgu
Read more about our University: https://universitysupport.com/
Read more about our University: https://universitysupport.com/
• 4+ years of university admissions or related experience preferred, with a proven affinity for customer service. • Bachelor’s Degree
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Dynamic individual who on a daily basis demonstrates passion, heart, positivity, and teamwork.
• Well-spoken and articulate; strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
• Understanding of appropriate communication via email, text, and social media.
• Genuine interest in helping students achieve their dream of becoming a veterinarian.
• Strong commitment to outstanding customer service.
• Able to effectively and proactively build relationships with peers, University staff, and administration.
• Able to work well under pressure and in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Significant organizational skills with ability to set priorities, identify and solve problems, and be responsive to customer care.
• Ability to represent the Office and the University in a highly professional manner.
• Excellent and accurate data entry, typing, and computer navigation skills.
• Computer skills including MS Office suite.
• Experience with Banner and Salesforce preferred.
• Knowledge of call center protocol and customer relationship management (CRM) use is preferred.