The Admissions Specialist is responsible for providing information to prospective students. Duties include working to build relationships with students, high school counselors, teachers and others on an information-sharing basis. Responsible for processing official documents as needed, data entry and assisting with on-campus programs including representing MSU-Northern at university and community events. Provide campus tours to prospective students and their families. Assist prospective students through application and admission.
1. Provide accurate information to prospective, admitted and current students including programs, admission requirements, scholarship information, and residence life.
2. Coordinate and conduct high school visits and other opportunities to meet prospective students.
3. Schedule travel arrangements.
4. Perform computer functions to extract data from Banner and Radius.
5. Conduct campus tours for individuals or groups and meet with campus visitors.
6. Assist new students through application and admission processes.
7. Represent Northern at campus and community events.
8. Attend college fairs.
9. Initiate and maintain contact with all prospective students by phone and email.
10. Develop relationships with students, high school counselors, teachers and industry partners.
11. Travel extensively from August until May. Most travel is by car, some air travel may be required.
12. Help with any other areas of MSU-Northern’s recruiting plan not specifically mentioned above.
Apply online at https://www.msun.edu/hr/employment.aspx
Montana State University -Northern makes reasonable accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU-Northern provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference or request accommodation, contact the Office of Human Resources, PO Box 7751, Montana State University-Northern, Havre, MT 59501; 406-265-3568; http://www.msun.edu/hr/forms/EmployPref.pdf
Suzanne Hunger firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Experience working with students in admissions, recruiting, residence life, student senate, orientation, or other campus and student organizations
2. Knowledge or experience using Banner
3. Knowledge or experience using Hobsons Radius or similar CRM
4. Experience planning and coordinating projects.
5. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
6. Experience in making presentations to large groups
7. Sales experience