The David Eccles School of Business prepares our graduates to be engaged citizens in a rapidly changing global world of business, and through the synergy of research, education, and service, we strive to be among the most respected business schools in the world.
BENEFITS OFFERED WITH THE POSITION
• Access to travel in and out of state to promote, sustain, and build relationships.
• Opportunities to create, expand, and implement your ideas for growth within these programs.
• Opportunities to plan exciting events for growth within these programs.
• Be part of a supportive team eager to see your ideas unfold and be recognized for your accomplishments.
• A full benefits package, complete with healthcare, retirement, and tuition reduction options
We are seeking motivated candidates with skills in marketing and relationship building and database/CRM management who want to find a rewarding and challenging job working with prospective students for our Master of Accounting (MAcc) program at the David Eccles School of Business.This position requires tenacity, energy, exceptional communication skills and yes, a sense of humor! The David Eccles School of Business is on a mission to grow our graduate programs and achieve top national rankings. It’s an exciting place to work. If being a part of our rise to the top sounds interesting and in alignment with your strengths and abilities, then we hope you will apply!
University of Utah Job ID#PRN22058B - 01682 - MAAC PROGRAM
The Admissions and Marketing Coordinator will provide support for our team with the David Eccles School of Business.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Counseling and application guidance / relationship building 25%
• Marketing and Outreach 25%
• Event Planning 20%
• Preparing reports for Analysis/ Database and CRM 20%
• Other 10%
• Counsel and provide guidance to prospective students seeking information about the MAcc program.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in person, on the phone, and in writing.
• Coordinate with the team to ensure superior service to prospects, applicants and enrolled students.
• Coordinate with the Admissions Program Manager to review admissions applications. Maintain exceptional understanding and mastery of the numerous application processes and policies. Act as member of the Admissions Committee to accurately assess and identify candidates suitable for admissions into our programs.
• Work closely with the undergraduate advising office in recruiting from undergraduate programs and partnering on ways to increase service to this group of potential applicants.
• Collaborate with the Eccles School of Business Marketing team to maintain web information, social media campaigns, and prepare printed materials.
• Engage with other institutions of higher education and the private sector to generate leads.
• Arrange and present information sessions at on-and off- campus locations. Attend graduate and career fairs both in-and out-of-state and present and maintain a favorable image of the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business.
• Accurately collect, maintain, and update data in our database and use database to effectively provide service to our applicants. Create and run reports out of our database without supervision and analyze results.
• With minimal direction, assists the team with planning and execution of recruiting, marketing and other related events to increase the quantity and quality of applicants and enrolled students.
• Initiate and complete projects on time and be able to take decisive action with difficult projects.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/98731
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates will be screened based off of preferencesBachelor’s degree in a related field plus one year directly related experience or equivalency required. Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze and make decisions related to program content. Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize conflicting deadlines. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years of experience in a sales, marketing or other position requiring relationship development in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently, analyze and make decisions related to job responsibilities. Demonstrated success in problem-solving and creative resourcing.
• Ability to be successful in a fast paced work environment, handle multiple requests and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize work load. Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate an environment that involves complex processes and policies.
• Experience with event planning and evidence of success resulting from the event. Ability to successfully plan, execute, and finalize multiple events at the same time.
• Experience in creating and maintaining partnerships and be able to find new ways to develop your network.
• Superior written and verbal communication, as well as, presentation skills.
• Effective at both public speaking and one-to-one interviews.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft products including Excel, Word, Power Point.
• Experience working with databases and data analysis is strongly preferred
• Candidates with marketing experience including social media, design or advertising that can help us creatively grow our outreach efforts for our graduate programs are preferred.
• Experience in higher education and /or admissions is not required and should not inhibit an applicant with the above skills and interests from applying.