Berklee is embarking on an innovative and aspirational strategic vision for 2025 with a specific focus on a high-quality student experience encompassing affordability, access, retention and success. The Assistant Director role helps lead and administer cutting edge student success work. The incumbent will join a talented team working within a newly designed and collaboratively developed student engagement framework in an environment with increased resourcing and executive level support to drive improved success outcomes for all students. The position will focus on implementing, assessing and improving Student Advising and Success initiatives The incumbent will report to the Director of Student Success Programming and work closely with college and area leadership to ensure strategic goals are achieved.
Manage Student Success Programs and Systems:
- Under the guidance of the Director of Student Success Programming, manage the day to day operations of Berklee’s Early Alert system including, system configuration, student/faculty/staff communications and alert case management.
- Collaborates closely with Registrar's Office and designated members of the Student Advising and Success team to operationalize Berklee’s Satisfactory Academic Progress policy for Berklee College of Music and Boston Conservatory at Berklee Undergraduate and Graduate students
- Work directly with students to support their success and progress including, outreach communication, success program registration, and restriction/hold resolution.
- In collaboration with the Director, administer the marketing and communications efforts for success initiatives. This includes but is not limited to; email campaigns, web presence, social media as well as more traditional means of phone, print materials and mailings
- Serve as recording secretary for the SAP Appeals Committee Provides administrative support to the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)BCM and BCB SAP Appeals Committee, including scheduling meetings, recording proceedings, and communicating outcomes.
- Supervise and manage frontline work study positions assigned to the Center for Student Advising and Success - Assist Director in managing the Student Advising and Success operating budget.
Data, Systems, and Reporting:
- Facilitates data collection and prepares analytical tools/reports in support of SAS operations and strategic initiatives.
- Serves as technology lead and liaison for SAS-centric and enterprise data and technology systems, including: Salesforce, Colleague, Informer reporting and other student data tracking systems.
- Keeps up to date on best practice in student success and the use of data analytics to facilitate student success outcomes.
- Assist in the ongoing development and implementation of SAS technology systems
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Success Programming
Apply online: https://berklee.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/BerkleeCareers/job/Berklee-College-of-Music---Boston/Assistant-Director--Student-Success-Programming_R0004004
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled. Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Periodic night and weekend work is required to fulfill the requirements of this position.
For questions related to the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS: The incumbent will demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the areas of management, advising, collaboration, and organizational communication. The ideal candidate will be drawn to Berklee’s unique mission, will have a passion for arts colleges, and an entrepreneurial approach. Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal, technology and data reporting skills while possessing a strong belief and the willingness to develop in all aspects of post-secondary student success and retention.
- Knowledge of college student development and contemporary best practice in student advising and success.
- Masters degree, preferably in education, higher education or counseling or the equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience in higher education and/or related field
- Demonstrated experience with information systems, data management, reporting and analytics. - Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred
- A commitment to cultural competence, a sense of humor and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. - Ability to work quickly, manage multiple projects, and work independently with commitment to detail and accuracy. - Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare and present reports based on analysis and to convey technical conclusions to a non-technical audience.