East Tennessee State University (ETSU) invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Advisement Training in the Division of Student Life and Enrollment. Reporting to the Executive Director for Academic Advising, the Assistant Director of Advisement Training is responsible for designing and conducting training for academic advisors and related staff; organizing funding opportunities that support the professional development of academic advisors and related staff; designing and maintaining ETSU’s central advisement website for students, faculty, and staff; and providing user support for ETSU’s electronic advisement systems. The Assistant Director of Advisement Training is a key member of ETSU’s central advisement team, and will collaborate with individuals and units across campus to promote student success. Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellence in leadership and academic advisement practices. Successful candidates will be knowledgeable about multiple advisement models, best practices in academic advisement, electronic student information systems, and best practices for using integrated student success management systems. Successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal oral, written, listening, and training delivery skills. Experience with the collection, analysis and interpretation of data as well as the design and maintenance of websites is necessary. See the full position description and apply at: https://jobs.etsu.edu/postings/16914. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit all required documents to the University’s hiring system and follow any special instructions listed in the posting. Review of candidate materials will begin Friday, February 12.
- Designs, conducts, and evaluates training for academic advisors, program specialists, and faculty mentors;
- Works with the executive director of academic advisement and the coordinator of advisement technology to encourage and enable the use of data analytics and student success platforms to improve undergraduate retention, graduation, and time to degree;
- Works with the Registrar’s office to support student, faculty, and staff use of degree-audit and course-scheduling platforms;
- Works with the coordinator of advisement technology to provide user support for ETSU’s electronic advisement systems;
- Oversees distribution of information to academic advisors and other affected parties concerning curricular changes, enrollment practices, training and professional development opportunities, and other matters;
- Participates in developing initiatives to enhance the overall effectiveness of academic advising;
- Works with the executive director of academic advisement to assess academic advisement practices and outcomes at ETSU;
- Works with the executive director of academic advisement to ensure continuing application of memoranda of understanding between colleges and university academic advisement (UAA).
- Organizes and funds opportunities supporting the professional development of academic advisors and related staff; Designs and maintains ETSU’s central advisement website for students, faculty, and staff.
Apply online at: https://jobs.etsu.edu/postings/16914. Please submit a resume with cover letter and contact information for three references. ETSU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring an environment of openness and acceptance. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment to fostering and advancing equity and inclusion. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Founded in 1911, ETSU is a comprehensive, regional university, with total enrollments in excess of 14,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. ETSU provides a student-centered community of learning, reflecting high standards and promoting a balance of liberal arts and professional preparation, and continuous improvement. The university conducts a wide array of educational and research programs and clinical services including a comprehensive Academic Health Sciences Center. Serving its students through 11 colleges and schools, ETSU offers 140 academic programs to choose from at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. The vision for ETSU is to provide a world-class environment to enhance student success and improve the quality of life in the region and beyond. The University is situated in what is commonly known as the “Appalachian Highlands” region and Johnson City is ranked by Forbes as a “Best Small Place for Business and Careers” in the U.S. Surrounded by rivers, lakes, mountains, and parks, Johnson City is an outdoors enthusiast’s dream. ETSU is a sponsor of Division I athletics in the Southern Conference and a Center of Excellence in Sport Science and Coach Education. The area enjoys a moderate climate, a variety of festivals, and attractions, such as the Corazon Latino Festival, the Umoja Festival, Tri Pride, and the Birthplace of County Music. Additional information about the university can be found at https://www.etsu.edu/ehome/.
Apply online at: https://jobs.etsu.edu/postings/16914. Position is open until filled. Review of candidate materials to begin, Friday, February 12.
Contact Information: Ms. Joy Fulkerson, email@example.com