Oregon State University Ecampus is seeking an Assistant Director of Enrollment Services. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. The Assistant Director of Enrollment Services is a member of the marketing and enrollment services team within the division of Ecampus. This position reports to the director of marketing and enrollment services (MES) and is a critical member of the MES leadership team, managing enrollment services operations that are central to recruiting distance students, the majority of whom are adult learners with previous college credits but no degree. The assistant director of enrollment services manages a team of professionals who provide front-line support to all prospective online students, directs the development of lead nurturing strategies, and works with division and campus partners to ensure that prospective online students have the information and resources needed to successfully navigate the inquiry and application process. As the Ecampus enrollment services team lead, the assistant director contributes to developing, executing and tracking activities related to overall team goals and recruitment goals set forth by Ecampus leadership. This position serves an essential role in maintaining a positive work environment and high-functioning enrollment services unit. Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. The assistant director of enrollment services will work to ensure that prospective student services and communications are inclusive and equitable.
Enrollment services operations and project management – 30%
• Provide operational leadership for the enrollment services team, which fields enrollment-based inquiries for all Ecampus degrees, programs and courses and related university processes, policies and partnerships. Includes supervising transcript evaluation and enrollment services specialist staff.
• Establish and evaluate standard operating procedures for staff to ensure highest quality of service.
• Manage enrollment services team documentation and internal knowledge base.
• Leverage enrollment funnel and customer relationship management (CRM) data to identify and prioritize recruitment initiatives, which streamline and promote admissions and enrollment processes for prospective Ecampus students.
• Lead the development, execution and assessment of recruitment initiatives, working in collaboration with Ecampus colleagues and campus partners.
• Oversee and maintain processes to keep prospective student data clean, including rules for data input into the Ecampus CRM system.
Prospective student communications and lead nurturing – 30%
• In collaboration with marketing and web/IT staff, manage a robust prospect-nurturing program that leverages Salesforce Marketing Cloud marketing automation and lead scoring/qualification in order to ensure that prospective students are receiving targeted content based on their interactions and where they are at in the journey.
• Establish processes, define standards and identify technology for quality and timeliness of messaging to prospective students and applicants up to the point of an admissions decision.
• Lead high touch efforts, i.e., outbound phone calls, customized email follow-up that reside outside of automated email communications plans in order to help target audiences progress from inquiry to application.
• Identify and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) for communication and campaign efforts from the enrollment services team. Provide routine updates on inquiry volume, yield conversion, and high touch outreach efforts.
• Work collaboratively with enrollment services, marketing and web/IT staff to ensure that website content proactively and effectively answers prospective student questions and provides tools and resources based on prospective student needs.
Outreach and coordination – 20%
• Collaborate closely with the central University teams responsible for undergraduate, graduate and international admissions to ensure that prospective online students are supported throughout the application and admissions process.
• Coordinate with partnering colleges and departments who receive inquiries about Ecampus programs or connect with prospective Ecampus students.
• Serve as liaison with Ecampus staff and campus partners regarding pathways and recruitment to adult learners and transfer students interested in online education at Oregon State.
• Review new Ecampus program proposals and provide feedback to the Ecampus program management team from the lens of prospective students.
• Collaborate frequently with Ecampus staff, college partners, advisors and enrollment management professionals to create or improve processes for prospective online students.
• Participate in committees/meetings to support the coordination required to successfully maintain partnerships and awareness of key initiatives with OSU partners.
Supervision – 10%
• Supervises the enrollment services team. The assistant director plans, assigns, reviews work, establishes goals for each position and assesses performance through completion of evaluations; hires, trains, promotes and if necessary, disciplines and addresses grievances, developing a framework for corrective actions as necessary. Determines training needs and makes appropriate arrangements for provision of training and professional development.
Service and professional development – 10%
• Provides service to OSU and the land grant system by working on departmental, division, university, regional and national committees and projects. Attends relevant workshops, conferences, and meetings, presenting and sharing knowledge and expertise and networking with colleagues.
For more information and to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/96440
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents: 1) A resume/CV; and 2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position. You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University.
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Danielle Franklin - email@example.com
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Experience working in a customer service role
• Experience leading teams, formally or informally, in a collaborative team environment
• Project management experience, including demonstrated success managing projects with multiple stakeholders
• Experience with data analysis, data-driven decision making and the ability to extract value from data insights tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• Experience with customer relationship management tools (e.g. Salesforce, Slate)
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
• This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
• Experience working in recruitment, admissions or student services setting in higher education or comparable organization.
• Demonstrated experience supervising a team focused on customer service
• Master’s degree and/or certification or training in business, marketing or related field Experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp)