Oregon State University Ecampus is seeking an Assistant Director of Student Services. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Director. Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. The assistant director of student services is a member of the student success team within the division of Ecampus. This position reports to the director of student success and is a critical member of the student services team, managing projects central to supporting distance student success. The assistant director of student services manages a team of professionals who provide front-line support to all students eligible to enroll in online courses, serves as the lead project manager on the student success team, and will work with divisional and campus partners to ensure student processes and services are streamlined, regularly evaluated, and consistent with those offered to on-campus students. As a leader on the Ecampus student success team, the assistant director will contribute to developing, executing and tracking activities related to overall team goals. This position serves an essential role in maintaining a positive work environment and high-functioning student services unit. Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. The assistant director of student services will work to ensure that support provided to all students in online courses are inclusive and equitable.
40% Management of student services
• Provides operational management of student services in direct support of all students taking online courses. This direction includes oversight of the student services and proctoring teams. In support of student services, the assistant director develops, implements and enforces plans, policies, procedures, systems to ensure consistent operations. The assistant director maintains documentation of high impact practices, student service procedures, training manuals, and performance standards in an effort to evaluate and achieve short- and long-term goals and objectives.
• Works with the director of corporate education to ensure that processes for and services to students enrolling under corporate contracts are streamlined. Develops and maintains reporting mechanisms to track corporate education student enrollment and verification.
• Participates in strategic planning efforts as part of the student success leadership team, determines resource needs and priorities and makes recommendations to the director of student success.
30% Project management
• Provides project management to the student success team. The assistant director will take on a leadership role in all student success team projects to ensure adequate progress and completion is achieved in order to advance team goals. The assistant director will work in collaboration with marketing and enrollment services to maintain existing and develop new communications plans for newly admitted students, currently enrolled students, students who have stopped out, and other populations of interest. Tracking and sharing results with director of student success.
10% Leadership and outreach
• Maintains collaborative partnerships within Ecampus as well as externally with university partners to ensure high quality and consistent, coordinated student services and support. Develops and maintains relationships with key campus partners to advocate for distance students and to ensure administrative processes and services across campus are operating at a comparable level to or exceeding those available to on-campus students.
• Collaborates and participates in university committees and cultivates meaningful partnerships to identify, innovate, and implement student resources and services uniquely suited for distance students, bringing together diverse elements and creating new opportunities to ensure a cohesive offering of student services.
• Potential partners may include: Office of the Registrar, Office of Financial Aid, Student Conduct and Community Standards, Business Affairs, and Military and Veterans Resources.
• Provides supervision and operational leadership to the student services and proctoring teams. The assistant director plans, assigns, reviews work, establishes goals for each position and assesses performance through completion of evaluations; hires, trains, promotes and if necessary, disciplines and addresses grievances, developing a framework for corrective actions as necessary. Determines training needs for the student services and proctoring team and makes appropriate arrangements for provision of training.
10% Service and professional development
• Provides service to OSU and the land grant system by working on departmental, division, university, regional and national committees and projects. Attends relevant workshops, conferences, and meetings, presenting and sharing knowledge and expertise and networking with colleagues.
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents: 1) A resume/CV; and 2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position. You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process. Application link: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/87671
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.