Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work! The Assistant Director will provide support and leadership within the Career Center by developing and supervising initiatives to meet the career education and development needs of students and alumni. Working under a career communities’ model, the Assistant Director will collaborate with career community partners, employers, faculty, staff, and other career advisors to design, implement, and assess a comprehensive delivery of career-related services, activities, and programs. Alumni development will be paramount in this role. The Assistant Director will cultivate and develop alumni relationships to encourage active and engaged partnerships.
- Under the supervision of the Director of the Career Center, the Assistant Director is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Advise individuals and groups on various career development topics, ranging from the selection of majors through the formulation of effective job search and/or graduate school plans.
- Facilitate the delivery of programs and services to various stakeholders within the framework of a career community model.
- Utilize the career management system for scheduling, recording advising notes, tracking data, marketing jobs/internships, and promoting programs and events.
- Oversee the Alumni Career Talent Network, including collaboration with Alumni Relations, the Stockton University Alumni Association, and faculty in marketing the program and recruiting alumni mentors.
- Represent the Career Center at regional and national alumni events.
- As a liaison to the Office of Alumni Relations and the Alumni Association, organize career awareness seminars utilizing alumni career practitioners.
- Implement and manage an Alumni Speaker Series, in collaboration with the Director and the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Complete special projects and perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of the Career Center.
- Provide support for University activities and programs sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, e.g., open house, orientation, graduation, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students, Assistant Dean of Students, and/or the Associate Vice President and Vice President for Student Affairs, in alignment with the Division of Student Affair’s strategic plan.
- The ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed. Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
Dayna DeFiore email@example.com