The Associate Director, Admissions within the Office of Marketing, Recruitment and Enrollment Operations (MREO) is responsible for recruiting qualified students for admission to SGU’s School of Medicine (SOM). The Associate Director will actively build and maintain relationships with prospective students, pre-health advisors and pre-health clubs in the assigned region. The Associate Director will manage the field recruitment strategy of the region. The Associate Director will travel to key events and target undergraduate institutions to deliver presentations, promote the University, and generate interest. The Associate Director must be conversant in all University programs, the possibilities after graduation, and be able to clearly articulate all the benefits of the various entry points and programs. The Associate Director will partner in a close and collaborative way with colleagues within student recruitment and will report to the Director, Admissions.
• Manage designated territory region, including all recruiting and admission activities to guide qualified students through the process
• Provide leadership and day-to-day management of admissions recruitment tactics, staff development, and achievement of team deliverables within the assigned region.
• Provide guidance, training, and feedback to colleagues to drive towards the strategic objectives of the department.
• Support in hiring, coaching, training, mentoring, and setting performance expectations and measurements to ensure optimal performance of the region team.
• Provide the highest quality support to key constituent groups – prospective students and pre-health advisors.
• Promote the university at appropriate recruitment activities such as information sessions, conferences, fairs, pre-health meetings, etc.
• Effective two-way transition to/from Admissions Officers and Admissions Coordinators all notes and insights about prospective students developed in the course of performing duties. Strategize on effective recruiting steps and actions.
• Meet 1:1 with prospective students (and families/influencers where appropriate) to build relationships, gain trust, answer questions, and help move to the next steps in the student journey.
• Responsible for setting up appointments with Pre-med Advisors and faculty for Directors, Associate Directors, and themselves.
• Maintain relationships with appropriate campus constituents, acting as primary liaison to key departments and referral sources for the assigned region.
• Support field recruitment region team through ongoing learning and development efforts to enhance key job functions including admissions knowledge, influential communication tactics and excellent customer service.
• Ensure that events and activities are maintained in the regional recruitment calendar and are aligned with the regional strategic plans
• Conduct and present information sessions in key target areas to prospective applicants.
• Track all interactions in the customer relationship management (CRM) system according to the admission policies and procedures.
• Schedule and conduct in-person meetings with the key constituent groups.
• Track all interactions in the CRM according to the admission policies and procedures, including event involvement and prospect/applicant interactions.
• Understand the programs, the postgraduate possibilities, the other possible options each student faces, and the benefits of SGU’s programs for those who are qualified.
• Maintain working knowledge of SGU admission policies to be able to answer frequently asked questions and troubleshoot problems.
• Advise prospective students on the University’s programs, curriculum, calendars, performance outcomes and financial considerations.
• Work with the team and the managers to ensure that inquiries and applicant concerns are serviced in a timely and appropriate way throughout the admission cycle to enrollment.
• Utilize the wide network of faculty, students, financial aid, Office of Career Guidance, and other support staff who might help prospective students make an informed decision.
• Maintain confidentiality of prospective student information.
• Be thoroughly conversant with the various scholarship programs and financial aid available to students
• Understands Admission requirements, and equivalency to US, from all targeted countries of recruitment (dependent on region of focus).
• Exhibit a passion for building trust and meaningful relationships with prospective students.
• Build a strong knowledge and understanding of the assigned recruitment region, providing recommendations to senior leadership regarding potential recruitment initiatives.
• Travel within the region to meet with alumni to recruit for admission support, to educate them on recent University developments, and to train them on targeted recruitment material.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American correspondent for St. George's University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 20,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.
Elizabeth Avolio HR Manager, Recruitment & Employee Relations
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Background in sales with experience selling in person and by phone. Work Environment/Physical Demands
• This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
• Ability to transport, set up, and break down event collateral, including banners, signage, and table set up. Hours and Travel • This position will primarily work remotely at the Recruiter’s home office.
• A typical work week is 37.5 hours. Flexible hours required to implement initiatives and execute deliverables.
• This position requires travel to participate in recruitment events within the U.S. There will be required events outside of normal working hours, including weekends.
• Local and out-of-town travel makes up approximately 75% of the position.
• 4+ years of university admissions or sales experience preferred, with a proven affinity for customer service.