Union Institute & University, a national, non-profit university offering Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees for adult students, is seeking a Career Counselor/Student Services Coordinator based at its Academic Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Career Counselor/Student Services Coordinator is responsible for promoting student success and retention through support services, as well as providing career development support to undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni across all locations. The individual must have excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, critical thinking skills, and be a creative "outside-the-box" thinker, who approaches the job with enthusiasm and commitment.
Assist in and support Student Services initiatives such as:
- Early Alerts
- Student retention initiatives
- Identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure, and improve academic success strategies.
- Maintain compliance with all university policies and standards.
- Coordinate with internal departments on Student Services initiatives
- Attend residencies as needed to provide in-person Student Services support
Individual & group counseling to undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni relating to career development and training issues, such as:
- Resume/CV writing Interview techniques
- Strength/weakness inventories
- Occupation information
- Job search skills
- Self-promotion techniques
- Professional image building
- Manage Handshake career networking program and other career networking websites.
- Work with faculty to imbed career services into curriculum.
- Update and maintain career services information on all university technology platforms (website, CampusWeb, etc.)
- Attend residencies as needed to provide in-person career counseling and resume/CV assistance
- Prepare reports on services and statistical data as needed.
- Sit on university committees when assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of interest along with a current resume and three professional references at our Website : https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1045UIU/JobBoard/704a0f73-1839-4901-8568-35e47e5d0530/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=645a02ed-7c9e-41ab-b05a-0218690aba4b
Since 1964, Union Institute & University has specialized in providing quality higher education degrees for adults nationwide. Union is a non-profit, regionally accredited university that offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in a delivery model that is the result of more than five decades of identifying and refining ways to structure and deliver education to meet the needs of adults. Distinguished as the pioneer in adult education, Union perfected the concepts now common in higher education such as the hybrid model, a blend of online and traditional classroom instruction; interdisciplinary studies; and student-centered education with socially relevant and applicable learning outcomes.
Questions can be directed to the Human Resources Department at 513-487-1195. However, applications / resumes need to be submitted online.
- Bachelor’s degree 1-3 years of experience in student-related services or customer-related services
- 1-3 years of experience with communication strategies that leverage new media and social networking
- 1-3 years of experience with group presentations and workshops
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral)
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and autonomously
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Demonstrated computer competency and knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Critical problem-solving skills, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while attending to details
Master’s degree preferred with an emphasis in student services, college student personnel, career development or related field.