Join Our Team! Valencia Collee is now hiring a full-time Coordinator, Program Advisors to join the West Campus Advising team and provide personalized academic and transfer advising to degree-seeking students. We are looking for individuals passionate about working with students to assist in choosing an academic program to meet their educational goals. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with and support students with course selection, education, and career planning as they strengthen their college success and life skills. This role will require you to provide program planning and to answer specific questions about requirements and program completion of an A.A. Degree to prepare for successful transfer to a Bachelor’s degree program. At Valencia College, it's more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance. Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of "The Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Experience in advising at the collegiate level
• Experience working with students
• Ability to collaborate with range of partners in order resolve student issues
• Ability to support a cohort of students and initiate, develop, and implement advising programs
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Office
• A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package features:
• Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
• Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
• Florida retirement membership
• YMCA membership benefits
• Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…. Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day. Location: Orlando, FL 32811 – West Campus Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways, and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal. As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Salary: $34,296 - $41,155
Closing Date: Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.
Please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position here: https://valenciacollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/15113
Jocelyn Togafau firstname.lastname@example.org