Reporting to Associate Dean for Academic Advising, the Coordinator/Senior Coordinator for Academic Advising helps coordinate the academic advising for UG students, manages advising systems and records, and provides administrative support to the Associate Dean for Academic Advising. This position will also work collaboratively with the Sr. Coordinator for Academic Success who coordinates the operations of the Academic Resource Center, to ensure quality student advising experience and academic success.
Advising Systems and Records (30%)
- Maintain and update advising reports and degree requirements configurations in Student Information System (SIS).
- Work with the Associate Dean for Academic Advising in making student advisor assignment and monitor Advisor Loads and Advisee Assignments.
- Develop and manage advising appointment scheduling and tracking system.
- Maintain records of student advisors and advisees.
- Provide project management and serve as a liaison between academic advisors, academic division chairs, study abroad office, and other university student support office (e.g., residential life, counseling).
- Work with the Registrar’s Office to plan the student course registration process.
- Manage the Academic Alert process and Academic Coaching initiatives.
- Analyze and prepare advising reports as requested.
- Work with the Associate Dean for Academic Advising on unit assessment and budget.
- Maintain active knowledge of the DKU's integrated and interdisciplinary liberal arts curriculum.
Academic Advising Administration (20%)
- Participate in advising operations (e.g., New Student Orientation, Major Declaration,Campus Days, Tutor Training, Faculty and Advisor, Website, Orientation, Advisor and Student Recognition, Academic Advising Planning)
- Maintain good understanding of university operations and procedures
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Academic Advising. Administrative support responsibilities will vary on the needs of the unit leadership but will include tasks such as expense reimbursements, scheduling appointments, travel arrangements, purchase requests, managing new initiatives, office operation and coordination, maintain records, 4-year student development experience, programming, university/unit systems, complete assigned errands, strategic planning, and project development for the Associate Dean for Academic Advising
- Participate and provide leadership to other projects and committees as assigned.
Faculty Advisor Support (e.g., Advising, Training, Communication) (30%)
- Work with and inform faculty advisor of university policies, advising systems, and processes such a general advising practices, monitoring student progress (SIS Advising Reports), assisting students with exploring academic options, coaching students in academic difficulty/challenges.
- Develop faculty advisor orientation, Advisor Manual, on-going workshops, informational, and training programs.
- Provide support (e.g., email communication and in-person meetings) to faculty and professional advisors, and identify resources to enhance the student-advisor experience.
Student Advising (20%)
- Promote global diversity, cross-cultural communication, and inclusivity Works closely with students to help identify various academic options including majors, extracurricular activities, study abroad programs, research, and professional field experience.
- Advise a small caseload of students, connect students with academic, and personal resources, and help them navigate their academic, professional, and personal goals
- Provide mentorship and coaching to professional academic advisor staff
- Promote leadership and consultation to academic advising programs for specific student interest groups, such as Pre-Health, Pre-Law, and Fellowship Advising
- Support/develop academic presentations and student enhancement activities
- Provide oversight to the Peer Mentor Program and supervise student peer mentors
Other duties and special assignment. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
Please contact Ms. Lily Li Lv by sending your cover letter and CV for administrative positions to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn.
Duke Kunshan University (DKU), located in Kunshan, China is embarking on the next phase of their ambitious plan to provide a student-center Liberal Arts research education experience to their first undergraduate class in Fall 2018. In preparation, DKU is looking for candidates with experience in several areas critical to the mission of the university. Duke Kunshan University is a 21st century university with a highly integrated and interdisciplinary curriculum.