As one of the largest enrollment units for first- and second-year students at the Pennsylvania State University, the Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) seeks a student-centered individual to join its summer academic consultant program to assist with the 2022 New Student Orientation (NSO). The Division of Undergraduate Studies embraces community and aims to create a collaborative, inclusive workplace. We embrace individual uniqueness, value the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them succeed.
In this position, you will:
- Play an essential role in the delivery of academic advising at New Student Orientation.
- Assist with selecting courses for appropriate first-semester schedules based on students’ placements, goals, and interests.
- Aid students in the course registration process.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
Apply through Penn State Jobs at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Part-Time-DUS-Summer-Academic-Consultant_REQ_0000023961-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here. Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies. EEO is the Law Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473. Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Review of materials will begin on February 14, 2022. For more information about the Division of Undergraduate Studies see: www.dus.psu.edu. Employment will require successful completion of a background check in accordance with University policies.
Questions can be directed to Tanja St. Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interest in working with exploratory students.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to diversity.
- Requires a master’s degree or higher. Applicants with significant progress toward a master’s degree and experience working with college students will also be considered.
- Availability for all training days (May 19-20 and May 23-24, 2022); 1:00 -5:00 pm.
- Availability for all NSO programs (May 25-July 22, 2022; 1:00-5:00 pm Monday through Friday, with some exceptions.
- Possibility of additional employment opportunities from August 15-19, 2022.