About Eastern Washington University Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing. Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position:
Director-Center for Academic Advising & Retention
The Director of the Center for Academic Advising & Retention (CAAR), is responsible for the leadership and management of the unit that provides professional academic advising and support services to undergraduate students. CAAR primarily serves students through their sophomore year, at which point students are typically transitioned to faculty advising. This position will design, implement, evaluate, and provide reporting for programs intended to promote student persistence and graduation as designated by the Assistant Vice President of Student Success. The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more! EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x9m8sg9tgm6bctv7
Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA
1. Master's degree (any field).
2. Six years' of progressively responsible experience managing academic support programs.
3. Four years' experience supervising employees.
4. Demonstrated ability to work in a positive manner to build partnerships and collaboration across campus, and multiple locations, and work effectively in support of academic advising.
5. Demonstrated experience using EAB Navigate, or similar student success technology, and other computer technologies such as databases, internet, spreadsheets, tracking systems, and word processing.
6. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and time while under pressure to meet deadlines.
7. Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
1. Doctorate degree in related fields such as adult education, academic advising, higher education administration or leadership, or counseling.
2. Four years' professional advising experience of students in a college or university setting which includes a focus on advising, persistence, retention, or student success programs.
3. Banner experience