Director, University Advising Center
Categories: South Central Region 7
|Northeastern State University
|Jul 30 2019 10:00PM
|Open until filled
This position provides university wide leadership in student retention and completion, specifically in the field of academic advising and support services for new students (both first time and transfer) and for continuing students who have not declared a major.
- Supports the Executive Director with university-wide operation of the University Advising Model for the Tahlequah, Broken Arrow, and Muskogee campuses.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise programs and processes related to the University Advising Model.
- Oversee the programs and services coordinated through the University Advising Center on Tahlequah campus.
- Partner with the Associate Deans regarding the selection, training and development of the Academic Advisors within the Colleges to ensure accurate and consistent administration of University-wide advising policies and procedures related to Academic and Faculty Advisor responsibilities.
- Coordinate university-wide academic advising retention initiatives.
- Point person for leading initiatives and monitoring academic related engagement and retention of first-time full-time cohort groups, concurrent, and other target student populations.
- Produce and analyze enrollment data for new students and undeclared student majors.
- Responsible for continuous training, professional development and maintenance of academic advising resource materials for all academic advisors, faculty and support staff.
- Recommend, create, and implement university policies related to academic advising.
- Supervise personnel focused on academic advising and student retention efforts including Maxient (or similar web based tracking program) and the FTFT Cohort Touch Points.
- Coordinates outreach efforts to continuing students who have not enrolled for subsequent terms.
- Develop and coordinate distance/online academic advising services to support non-resident students.
- May serve as Chair of the Executive Advising Committee consisting of assistant/associate college deans and other top level administrators.
- Point person for problem solving new and undeclared major students’ academic advising issues.
- Committee Chair for the University Academic Advising Committee consisting of representatives across the university.
- Key leader in advancing university enrollment initiatives.
- Manage program budgets.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Northeastern State University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce as an essential part of excellence in faculty and staff at the University, and complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and equal employment opportunity for VEVRRA protected veterans. NSU actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for any opening at NSU.
Julia Carlo email@example.com 918-444-3253
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field; Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with five to seven years of experience or service. Progressive experience in the fields of academic advising, first-year experience and academic retention efforts