Director of Academic Advising and Student Success
Categories: Mid Atlantic Region 2
|School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS)
|Univ of Pittsburgh
|Sep 16 2021 12:51PM
|Oct 15 2021
The Director of Advising and Student Success will oversee all aspects of academic advising for undergraduate students in SHRS and will lead implementation of programs and services to support student success in undergraduate and graduate/professional programs. This position is integral to the creation of a centralized center for academic advising and student success at SHRS.
Core responsibilities include:
- Hire, manage and supervise a team of professional advisors
- Direct and have oversight of training and professional development for advisors
- Engage in academic advisement for a small cohort of UG students
- Lead implementation of programs and services to support student success in UG and Grad/Professional programs
- Collaborate with program faculty and other academic units at the University to support student success
- Maintain awareness of existing and new resources at the program, school and university levels
The SHRS is one of the six schools of the Health Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh. SHRS is a nationally renowned leader in education, research and training for clinical practice. It offers undergraduate, graduate, professional and certificate programs representing 14 different disciplines related to health and rehabilitation care. SHRS shapes future generations of health care professionals—therapists, counselors, advocates, scientists, providers and practitioners—trained to serve the needs of all people regardless of background, levels of health or mobility. https://www.shrs.pitt.edu/
Position will remain open until filled.
Leland Clark firstname.lastname@example.org
-Master’s Degree in Counseling, Education, Social Work, Student Affairs, or a related field is strongly preferred.
-Minimum of 5-6 years of relevant experience in higher education
-Demonstrated skills in conducting appropriate relationships with students to enhance their academic and personal development and academic success
-Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and related software is required
-Excellent interpersonal skills to enable clear communication with external constituents, students, faculty and staff
-Capability to understand and follow University policy and procedures
The Director of Advising and Student Success should have an unwavering commitment to diversity in all its forms and should ensure that all students feel welcome and that their concerns are addressed equally and fairly.
- Experience advising students in health related careers
- 2-3 years of experience leading/managing a team preferred
- Working knowledge of web-based tools including Qualtrics, PRISM, and PeopleSoft is strongly preferred.
- Membership in NACADA or related professional organization