The Director of Academic Advising is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive academic advising system for all students at the College that positively impacts student success. The Director develops and maintains departmental budgets, supervises all members of the academic advising staff, and assesses and maintains efficient and effective operating procedures, including ensuring appropriate use of technology, ongoing staff training, and the delivery of optimal services to all students.
The Director will create an intentional, proactive academic advising program that will result in an increase in student retention and completion.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive academic advising system that meets the needs of all students and is directly linked to the College's Strategic Plan and is focused on student success.
- Ensures that staffing and technology is adequate to meet the needs of all students, staff and college stakeholders.
- Ensures that all academic advising staff are adequately trained and deliver optimal services to all students, staff, and campus stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, on-going professional development and training for all advising staff.
- Ensures all processes and procedures, necessary to deliver optimal academic advising services, are documented in written form and regularly updated.
- These processes and procedures must be available to all academic advising staff and college stakeholders
- Ensures that adequate data on academic advising and student success is collected, maintained and disseminated to the Vice President for Student Services and other appropriate college employees in an appropriate format on a pre-determined schedule.
- Collaborates with other college staff to create, maintain, assess, and modify the student enrollment/onboarding process.
- Collaborates with other college staff to create, maintain, assess and modify intervention strategies to increase student success, retention, and completion.
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Student Services, develops and maintains department budgets, files, and procedures related to the department(s).
- Collaborates with other divisions on campus in the development of schedules, polices, and operational procedures.
- Maintains memberships in professional organizations, and confers with outside agencies and institutions.
- Participates as a representative of administration on college committees and projects as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Please complete our online application at: https://stchas.aaimtrack.com/jobs/359546.html
Founded in 1986, St. Charles Community College (SCC) has a reputation as one of the best two-year colleges in the state of Missouri. With extraordinary faculty and staff, SCC serves a student population of more than 10,000 and a general population of more than 350,000 throughout St. Charles County and beyond. SCC's main campus, located in Cottleville, is a beautiful 12-building campus which has won architectural awards for its innovative, contemporary "educational village" design. The college has a second location in Dardenne Prairie, featuring a state-of-the-art nursing and allied health program. The success of SCC is rooted in the mission of serving our community by "focusing on academic excellence, student success, workforce advancement, and life-long learning within a global society. We celebrate diversity and we enrich the economic and cultural vitality of the region by providing an accessible, comprehensive, and supportive environment for teaching and learning."
Tommy Mai, HR Generalist 636-922-8476 firstname.lastname@example.org