Cleveland University-Kansas City, located in Overland Park, Kansas in the Kansas City metropolitan area, has an immediate opening for an on-site Director of Academic Support. The Director of Academic Support assumes leadership responsibility for the overall management and direction of the University's Academic Support and Access Services office. This includes providing direct oversight of the financial and operational activities of the office as well as partnering with senior leaders to identify and implement strategic priorities related to student success.
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs designed to increase the performance of students (learning styles, study skills, time management, etc.)
- Advises students to help ensure their academic success and manages the tutoring program to ensure academic excellence.
- Interacts with other departmental directors to ensure consistency and understanding of processes.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and university policies.
- Remains current on ADA regulations. Communicates policy requirements and ensures adherence.
- Ensures secure maintenance of departmental records for students with accommodations.
- Remains current with best practices for academic support and disability services offices.
- Provides vision for the future of the Academic Support and Access Services office and establishes short, medium, and long-term goals related to advancement of the department and the university.
- Oversees Learning Specialist position(s) and student employees assigned to the Academic Support and Access Services office.
- Ensures departmental adherence to the University’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Communicates policy and effects of policy via various mediums (electronic and in-person) to AATP and at-risk students.
- Meets with AATP, and at-risk students to discuss academic concerns and possible impacts on their academic future.
- Provides student performance data to program leaders for reporting purposes.
- Provides departmental data at the end of each term to the dean of Student Affairs for tracking of student performance.
- Develops and recommends departmental budgets and strategic plans for the office.
- Monitors departmental budgets to ensure expenditures are appropriate and effective in achieving strategic objectives.
- Performs additional tasks as needed and/or requested.
- Participates in functions and activities that advance the mission, vision, and core values of the Institution.
Apply online at: https://www.cleveland.edu/about-us/employment/.
Cleveland University-Kansas City (CUKC) began as a chiropractic college in 1922. In 2015, CUKC completed the final phase of its transition to University status. Building on the success of its existing healthcare degree programs, CUKC continues to evolve by adding new health sciences programs to meet changing health needs. Today CUKC offers the following degrees:
- Doctor of Chiropractic,
- Master of Science in Exercise Physiology,
- Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion,
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology,
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science,
- Associate of Arts in Biological Sciences,
- Associate of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology.
Equal Opportunity Empower
Dr. Dale Marrant, VP of HR