The Director of Professional Academic Advising provides leadership and vision as part of a student success model through oversight of academic advising to students concerning course selection, academic policies and procedures, graduation requirements and career aspirations. Walsh University Professional Advisors utilize a proactive advising approach to connect with advisees, promote retention, and foster academic success in college.
• Supervise part-time and full-time advisors and work-study students.
• Create and monitor budget.
• Partner and innovate with the Career Readiness Team to support students’ goals.
• Advise up to 200 undergraduate students.
• Coordinate the registration and scheduling process for first-year freshmen of various majors and all College Credit Plus enrolled students.
• Coordinate student testing and placement in English, Mathematics and Foreign Language.
• Facilitate annual performance evaluations for part-time and full-time advisors.
• Provide training and professional development opportunities for advising staff.
• Conduct regular individual and team meetings to determine and ensure progress with advising.
• Represent professional academic advising on various University committees.
• Provide information and statistical data on academic advising and student outreach.
• Participate in NCAA Division II athletic academic compliance reviews.
• Attend professional development conferences and seminars.
• Uphold FERPA regulations.
• Prioritize a career in high education and demonstrate a desire to evolve/innovate in a professional academic advising environment.
Submit Application through www.walsh.edu
Walsh University is an independent, coeducational, Catholic liberal arts institution. Founded by the Brothers of Christian Instruction, Walsh University is dedicated to educating its students to be leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition. Walsh University believes in the desirability of a small university that promotes academic excellence, a diverse community, and close student-teacher interaction. The University provides an education that fosters critical thinking, effective communication, spiritual growth, and personal, professional, and cultural development. Walsh University encourages individuals to act in accordance with reason guided by the example and teachings of Jesus Christ.
Dr. Edna McCulloh