Student Affairs is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills who cares deeply about student success. Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Success/Dean of Students (AVCSS/DS), this is a full-time position that supervises the Director International Services, professional advisors, administrative assistant, and undergraduate tutoring staff. The Executive Director of Student Success provides leadership in the design, implementation, and assessment of comprehensive programs and services that support student success for undergraduate students. This position requires a high degree of initiative and ability to work without constant supervision.
• Provide leadership, management, and implementation of coordinated multi-tiered student support framework which includes academic and individualized strategies for student success
• Develop and nurture strong relationships with academic departments in order to enhance the availability of resources that support students.
• Utilize student development and advising theory to guide program, student and staff development
• Advance student-centered policies that prioritize co-curricular learning and engagement
• Manage and assess current interventions and programs for undergraduate students (2-year and 4-year), including academic recovery initiatives and academic alert processes. Develop follow-up and communications using a triage approach.
• Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Research and the AVCSS/DS in the development, implementation, management, and reporting of student success metrics and data.
• Explore and develop additional and/or alternative student academic support resources.
• Manage the tutoring center and advising center budget
• Perform other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to: o Assist with retention services and processes, as needed o Provide advising to students, as needed
Applicants will submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references
Montana Technological University, a premier STEM focused institution in Butte Montana, is seeking an experienced student affair professional in the areas academic advising and academic support services to join the join the Student Affairs team. Montana Tech is the only “special focus” institution in the Montana University System is an extraordinary institution. The University is consistently recognized among America’s best values in undergraduate education and provides the highest return on investment of any institution in the state of Montana. Couple this with an internationally renowned, century-old tradition of excellence in higher education located in the heart of one of Montana’s richest historical and cultural communities with access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the country and you have an institution and opportunities like no other.
Online application: https://montanatechuniversity.applytojob.com/apply/4rX9Zif4VO/Executive-Director-Of-Student-Success
Cathy Isakson CIsakson@mtech.edu
• Master's Degree from an accredited institution in a STEM, Higher Education Administration or related field of study. (Master’s degree must be obtained by the position’s start date (July 1, 2021)
• Three (3) years of progressive student affairs experience in postsecondary education setting
• At least two (2) years’ experience in a tutoring and/or advising center
• Two (2) years teaching experience (teaching assistant or Instructor level) in a higher education setting
• Experience with student information systems (e.g. Blackboard, Starfish, Banner, etc.) and administrative processes
• Ability to craft and execute data informed strategic plans to positively impact student success
• High level of interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with diverse populations
• Flexibility, skills and ability to manage and thrive in an environment with ample workloads, changing priorities and deadline pressure.
• Doctorate degree in STEM discipline, Higher Education Administration or a related field of study from an accredited institution
• Four (4) or more years of progressive student affairs experience in postsecondary education setting
• Three (3) or more years’ experience in a tutoring and/or advising center
• Three (3) or more years’ experience teaching experience (teaching assistant or Instructor level) in a higher education setting
• Experience teaching a First-Year experience and/or study skills courses for college students
• Experience with student information systems (Banner, Moodle, TutorTrac, and/or AdvisorTrac)